My truck is dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is what I ran into. And Greg is at the same point I was at. Don't give a Shit about the warranty, what's causing the real problem. Very frustrating.

Greg, do you have the stock air intake to put back on? Pick up your truck, put the stock back on, and over night drop it off at the dealership right in front of the entrance to the show room floor. Then when they go to move it, they will see what the problem is.

Yukon Joe

Stock intake is on it... And i did drop it off this morning in front of service doors.. So this is what I think happened. They sent a porter to move the truck.. It messed up on him.. So being helpful porter he left it running when he moved it so the tech could drive it in. The tech started a nice warm truck with no issues.

-Greg

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is only 11 degrees up here, have them sit it out side for a few hours.

Did they say anything about the video?

Yukon Joe

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Possibility...
Minor coolant leakage somewhere on the pre combustion side of the engine.
After engine is stopped the remaining moisture evaporates and condensates in the cooler intake tract.
Could be settling on the mass air flow sensor and at below frizzing temps ice it up…?

Any other sensors in the intake that could be effected?

Last edited:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mass air flow correlation error caused by aftermarket cold air intake. No other problems found and running perfectly.

HORSE SHIT!

He said, it starts fine and runs great.. Been in shop all morning and cranks everytime..

Told him of course it does when it sits in a warm shop.. Let it sit outside and get cold soaked then start it.

Jackasses... Lazy.. Oh its the aftermarket intake.. Blah.. Blah.. Blah..

-Greg

That's pretty weak. Did you remind them the truck is back to stock and still has the exact same problem as before?

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take 2 20lbs bags of ice up there and drop it on the motor that will cool it off for em..I think they will get the point you are serious...or you can make some cold drinks while you wait...

There pissing on your back and telling you its raining...

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My other F150 does that at times and I've figured out it's moisture. It's shorting in the wiring, mostly traced it to ignition but haven't had it apart yet. Once warm and the moisture's out, it's fine. I plan on a tune up soon and I'm going to grease all connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.