My Ride...So Far

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That all looks really good! Those Red control arms look great and those bare ones always were a bit of an eyesore. I'll be interested in your updated pics.

OP
OP
JohntheDrummer

JohntheDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Latest Pics-got a lot done this weekend!

Well, this was a good weekend! Got the STV back-lighting done, the driving lights on (but not aimed yet), Ambient lighting is in and functional. I even got the toolbox I made (out of my old water bed boards) stained! Today I washed it and got the Mother's clay bar detailing done. Wow THAT made a difference! Here are the pics! Now my list is shortened to the Line-X for the cargo bed, finish painting the lower (and maybe upper) control arms, paint the rear axle and brake calipers and do the lighting for the cargo bed under the bed rails. Should look sweet, but here's where I am as of today...

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Would you mind posting a review (with pics!!) of your bed cover? It is similar to another model I am considering.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I got some more done yesterday! Maybe more today with the painting, we'll see. I got my driving lights mounted and hooked into AUX #1, and put in my back-lit red SVT EL tape. MAN, that is one cool mod! Looks awesome on a black Raptor, day OR night. I wired that into AUX #2. Today I give it it's first wash & wax. I've had the box of Mother's clay-bar polish (kit) on my work bench before I even had the truck! Once I get 'er all clean & shined up, it's photo time!!! I also did step-by-step photos for those of you who would like to do the back-lit SVT mod. It was on that "other" site, but if someone asks, I'll be glad to do a instructional write-up on it with photos. Heck, it's what I do for a living anyway and at least I don't have to comply with Mil-Spec if I write a procedure (bonus)!!

:w00t:

That polish job looks inredible John. Is this the kit you bought?

View attachment 155

California Gold® Clay Bar System
white.jpg
You’ve heard about clay bars—professional detailers, body men and your car buddies all talk about how they work. Now use the clay bar everybody wants. Created to remove the particulate debris and contaminants that washing and polishing can’t, our exclusive Clay Bar System will remove embedded grains of metal, tree sap, airborne environmental deposits and paint overspray. Better yet, our clay bar isn’t hazardous to your paint—it’s just firm enough to pick up the bad stuff, without being too aggressive. Use Mothers® Clay Bar to get rid of paint fouling grime and pave the way for complete waxing.

#07240 includes Two (2) 80 gram Clay Bars, 16 oz. Showtime® Instant Detailer,
15" x 15" Microfiber Towel.

DJ BFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What all did you have to get for that red back lighting for the side vents? that looks great man.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:clap: Very very well done! That black sure looks sweet when cleaned up.

I love the toolbox too. Reusing the boards like that was a very good idea. You've got me thinkin now...

And just to add my voice to the chorus, yes PLEASE do a writeup on the backlight. Would love to see how its done.

Great job!

OP
OP
JohntheDrummer

JohntheDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That polish job looks inredible John. Is this the kit you bought?

View attachment 155

California Gold® Clay Bar System
white.jpg
You’ve heard about clay bars—professional detailers, body men and your car buddies all talk about how they work. Now use the clay bar everybody wants. Created to remove the particulate debris and contaminants that washing and polishing can’t, our exclusive Clay Bar System will remove embedded grains of metal, tree sap, airborne environmental deposits and paint overspray. Better yet, our clay bar isn’t hazardous to your paint—it’s just firm enough to pick up the bad stuff, without being too aggressive. Use Mothers® Clay Bar to get rid of paint fouling grime and pave the way for complete waxing.

#07240 includes Two (2) 80 gram Clay Bars, 16 oz. Showtime® Instant Detailer,
15" x 15" Microfiber Towel.

Yup, that's the stuff. Works great!!!