My PROD date’s been pushed from 8/30, to 10/25, now 11/1…Wow!…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

360North

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with FP…was expecting them to say that all was status quo for Production date (not week) of this Monday (Aug 30th), which would put it into QA after Labor Day…with delivery sometime in October.

Was NOT expecting them to tell me 4 days prior to the Production date, that it has been pushed off for 2 months…to Oct 25th!!! The FP rep was even shocked about it & mentioned that it was the first order he’s seen have that happen to…especially considering the Priority Code being for a Retail order!

He did say to check back in over the next couple of weeks, to see if they move it up again.

Color me befuddled!! SMH …not mad, just a little shell shocked.

Well…if there are any significant changes to the 2022’s and my order is that close to them starting production on the MY22’s…might switch it up to a 2022, considering the delivery date won’t be much different with it being built that late in 2021! Guess I’ll have to wait & see. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh well…

Edit: With a date of 11/1, I may very well end up with a MY2022 yet! After all, 9/15 is just around the corner! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with FP…was expecting them to say that all was status quo for Production date (not week) of this Monday (Aug 30th), which would put it into QA after Labor Day…with delivery sometime in October.

Was NOT expecting them to tell me 4 days prior to the Production date, that it has been pushed off for 2 months…to Oct 25th!!! The FP rep was even shocked about it & mentioned that it was the first order he’s seen have that happen to…especially considering the Priority Code being for a Retail order!

He did say to check back in over the next couple of weeks, to see if they move it up again.

Well…if there are any significant changes to the 2022’s and my order is that close to them starting production on the MY22’s…might switch it up to a 2022, considering the delivery date won’t be much different with it being built that late in 2021! Guess I’ll have to wait & see. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh well…
October seems like it would be a 2022 model year, I know waiting sucks, but may as well wait for a '22 at this point.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
D A M N…..sorry bud. Mine is 8/31. It’s been in production since Monday. Just got my ViN and window sticker today.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Oh well…
all i can say is this might happen at this point to a dealer stock order. ford knows this order is coded as dealer stock. they dont know that its already sold. so looks like they might be pushing off dealer stock at this point. sorry to hear it bud. but i saw it happen in 2017 . seem like if you took the dealer stock route and got a early slot you are good but at some point ford decides that they have built enough dealer stock for now and switch to retail orders looks like you might have just missed it. also with all that has been going on with commodities they might be pushing dealer stock in pref to retail on short supply items.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you have a vin already your getting a 21. if you dont have a vin by sept 15th then you can convert it into a my22
How does one ”convert” it into a MY22? Or does the order have to be canceled and reordered as a MY22? TIA

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Oh well…
Definitely sucks bro as your truck should have went to “In Production“ status on the 24th. Monday, 30 Aug, would’ve been the completed date and QCd after Labor Day as you mentioned

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a build day of 9/7 on Monday and just chatted with Anthony and I'm back to a week of 9/6, no build day now. Oh well, I'm just along for the ride. Guess the 'ol Focus will be working overtime for a while longer LOL.