Finally upgraded my Gen 1 to Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StangGT5

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two of my friends who use their Raptors off-road and twisting the body popped their seals on the sunroof. Not a fan of glass over my head if I roll my truck.

I'm hard on trucks and run the mountains on trails that are rough and crawl over down trees chasing wolves. I will leave my truck alone for a few days in the winter up top as I'm tracking and hunting. It's not uncommon to come back to two or three feet of fresh snow. Break out the snow shovel and clear a path to get up speed to get going. Normally run in front with the sled or snowbike to create trails for the tires. This makes for one rough ride as you can image making a new trail down the road. It's not for everyone but it's my job.

That's awful about the sunroof seals. You'd think Ford would have tested a Raptor doing Raptor things. Maybe the large glass panel just can't be tamed if things get too rough.

Cowabunga

Reaction score
After twelve years with my Gen 1, I finally upgraded to the Gen 3. What a true difference in ride and towing. Well worth the wait for the coil springs. Found a small dealer in MO who had a 2022 with 61 miles on it. No sunroof which was prefect since I run the mountains weekly hunting year around here in Idaho. Dealer had upgraded every other option on the truck when he built it.

The lane control and adapted course control was sweet coming back from MO. It was well worth the flight to save $27k over the local Ford dealer here. I got it for less than MSRP.

I'll start upgrading parts soon. Thinking about switching intercooler first and airbox. Anything you guys think should come before those parts?

Just about forgot.. I took it to the local Ford dealer to have them check for recalls and schedule my old change. Just wanted too rub it in his face. Handled the service manager the bill of sale with vin on it. His comment was WTH... That's all you paid for it? My response was yep. Midwest dealers don't **** people.
No way, also from Idaho and picked one up from MO. Drive was long but not bad at all. Glad to hear I'm not the only person that refuses to line our local dealers' pockets. I constantly heard "our mark-up is ONLY $10k", which I always replied "If it's only and not much then take it off". Missouri I went, Kansas City is a decent place. Thank you Anderson of St. Joseph.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No way, also from Idaho and picked one up from MO. Drive was long but not bad at all. Glad to hear I'm not the only person that refuses to line our local dealers' pockets. I constantly heard "our mark-up is ONLY $10k", which I always replied "If it's only and not much then take it off". Missouri I went, Kansas City is a decent place. Thank you Anderson of St. Joseph.
Pics or it didn’t happen.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MO seems to be the go to place to save ridiculous ADMs. Mine was from Thoroughbred Ford in KC