Finally upgraded my Gen 1 to Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Munster04

Reaction score
After twelve years with my Gen 1, I finally upgraded to the Gen 3. What a true difference in ride and towing. Well worth the wait for the coil springs. Found a small dealer in MO who had a 2022 with 61 miles on it. No sunroof which was prefect since I run the mountains weekly hunting year around here in Idaho. Dealer had upgraded every other option on the truck when he built it.

The lane control and adapted course control was sweet coming back from MO. It was well worth the flight to save $27k over the local Ford dealer here. I got it for less than MSRP.

I'll start upgrading parts soon. Thinking about switching intercooler first and airbox. Anything you guys think should come before those parts?

Just about forgot.. I took it to the local Ford dealer to have them check for recalls and schedule my old change. Just wanted too rub it in his face. Handled the service manager the bill of sale with vin on it. His comment was WTH... That's all you paid for it? My response was yep. Midwest dealers don't **** people.

Attachments

• 20230709_201102.jpg
    20230709_201102.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 20230709_201015.jpg
    20230709_201015.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 85

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF and happy new Raptor day.

I wouldn't worry about upgrading the airbox, just get a Donaldson filter. Being a '22, you can have Goosetuned work his magic.
What is a Donaldson filter? Never saw that mentioned here. I am not knowledgeable about mechanics, but I recall reading that because cars are so controlled by computers that no matter what you do to improve air flow through the air box, the engine will only gulp what the programming will allow, discounting goose, etc. edumacate me please.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
What is a Donaldson filter? Never saw that mentioned here. I am not knowledgeable about mechanics, but I recall reading that because cars are so controlled by computers that no matter what you do to improve air flow through the air box, the engine will only gulp what the programming will allow, discounting goose, etc. edumacate me please.

Edit: I think @Old-Raptor-guy knows which one to get for the Raptor. I have one on order for the OBS.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Munster04

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF and happy new Raptor day.

I wouldn't worry about upgrading the airbox, just get a Donaldson filter. Being a '22, you can have Goosetuned work his magic.
Interesting about the filter. I'll have to research that one. How does the Goosetune effect overall life of the engine?

OP
OP
M

Munster04

Reaction score
Sweet rig! Iconic Silver is underappreciated.
I had the black Gen 1. Best truck I ever owned. Never went into the shop for anything other than brakes and small stuff. I live on a mountain in Idaho with dirt roads. The black one was brown after driving down the mountain. So far the silver still holds its color nicely even after running the back roads all week.