My PROD date’s been pushed from 8/30, to 10/25, now 11/1…Wow!…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with FP…was expecting them to say that all was status quo for Production date (not week) of this Monday (Aug 30th), which would put it into QA after Labor Day…with delivery sometime in October.

Was NOT expecting them to tell me 4 days prior to the Production date, that it has been pushed off for 2 months…to Oct 25th!!! The FP rep was even shocked about it & mentioned that it was the first order he’s seen have that happen to…especially considering the Priority Code being for a Retail order!

He did say to check back in over the next couple of weeks, to see if they move it up again.

Color me befuddled!! SMH …not mad, just a little shell shocked.

Well…if there are any significant changes to the 2022’s and my order is that close to them starting production on the MY22’s…might switch it up to a 2022, considering the delivery date won’t be much different with it being built that late in 2021! Guess I’ll have to wait & see. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh well…
Well at least you have a date, my order went in June 23, still no date. Fp told me 2021 production would run into Dec. As Ford still intended to fill 2021 orders. He did say if they could not fill it they would NOT roll it to 2022, I would have to place a new order for a 2022 with my dealer. Hmmmm, that would be a big 0 on the fun meter.

irojas

Reaction score
Well at least you have a date, my order went in June 23, still no date. Fp told me 2021 production would run into Dec. As Ford still intended to fill 2021 orders. He did say if they could not fill it they would NOT roll it to 2022, I would have to place a new order for a 2022 with my dealer. Hmmmm, that would be a big 0 on the fun meter.
Yes, my dealer had told me this before. He also said that most likely there will be a price increase for 2022 so don't cancel those orders!

FlaRod

Reaction score
Well.... I just saw an interview (earlier this week) with one of the Ford execs and they are having a really difficult time manning the production lines. They have been bringing in temps to fill in to keep things moving, but it is causing some real production problems because of a) the staffing challenge and b) the new workers getting up to speed with their jobs.

I feel for you!!!!! I just hope the quality of the vehicles that comes out of this "window" is not hurting as a result.

M60gunr

Reaction score
How does one ”convert” it into a MY22? Or does the order have to be canceled and reordered as a MY22? TIA
I could be wrong, but per my conversation with FP today, he stated that if order gets kicked due to 2022 production starting, dealership would be notified and it would have to be reordered as a 2022.