MY DIY (under $40) BENCH SEAT STORAGE BOX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgerscab6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I decided to make my own box under the back bench seat. Basically cuz I think Im pretty handy, and I didnt want to pay $100 or more for one. So I got some aluminum brackets from scrap bin at work ($5), got some panhead socket head screws and nut/washer combo plates (under $5 ). Went to Fleet Farm and got a 2x4 sheet of partical board 1/4" thick ($8). Just gotta bo buy a gallon container of herculiner bed liner to coat it in (that will be about $20, but getting that for other stuff as well)

1. started out making templates from cardboard
2. Transfered onto the prtical board and cut with a skill saw
3. bolted the side legs to brackets, took measurements for front piece and contoured it to the seat bottom for clean look.
4. Used coner brackets to secure together ( pretty damn solid the way it sat)
5. Added a stability bracket and bolted to jack mount and front face board.
6. I counter sunk all my mounting holes to give it cleaner look and the jack still stays in its factory location!

I will coating it in the herculiner when it gets a little warmer out consistantly. That will make it black and much more durable and stronger. Also plan on mounting a fire extingusher to it in the near future

Thanx for looking enjoy, will update later when finished
-Jeremy

Attachments

• seat organizer7.jpg
    seat organizer7.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 205
  • seat organizer2.jpg
    seat organizer2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 213
  • seat organizer3.jpg
    seat organizer3.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 167
  • seat organizer4.jpg
    seat organizer4.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 281
  • seat organizer5.jpg
    seat organizer5.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 255
  • seat organizer6.jpg
    seat organizer6.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
cool are you going to cover it with cloth or paint it? I think it should be black imo. cool mod.

OP
OP
Badgerscab6.2

Badgerscab6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow u guys replied to this fast was tying to type what has to be done to it yet. Wilson, Im going to put herculiner bed liner on it. It will be done by SDBR so you can see it in person then!!:banana-mario:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was going to say must have posted to fast lol. and I liked it but sure the heck am glad you plan on changing the color lol. It will definitely be kick ass with the bed liner.