My Dealer has the exact same truck I ordered...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Brit

Reaction score
I just called SVT to find the status of my truck is still in processing but the status should change soon. Whatever that means.
Out of curiosity I checked how many 2012's are available in my area - low and behold, my dealer has the exact spec that I ordered... I just called them but they are closed due to the snow. Hopefully when they call back tomorrow I can negotiate that they give me the truck they have... Not sure how that will go down, but I can ask, right.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just called SVT to find the status of my truck is still in processing but the status should change soon. Whatever that means.
Out of curiosity I checked how many 2012's are available in my area - low and behold, my dealer has the exact spec that I ordered... I just called them but they are closed due to the snow. Hopefully when they call back tomorrow I can negotiate that they give me the truck they have... Not sure how that will go down, but I can ask, right.

I imagine it won't go well. From what I have seen dealers are pretty insistent on making some cash on stock units - mean around MSRP or even above! Unless you got a crappy deal on your ordered truck, I doubt the dealer will do it - unless you want to pay what they are asking for the in-stock truck.

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah probably be more. $$$

Btw, why are they closed due to snow?
How much did it snow?!

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score

I orderd my SCREW in early nov 2010. By the first week in January Istill had ZERO info on my truck, no vin & no build date. I called again a few days later and my fleet sales guy tells me there is one like I ordered with Nav. $2500 more than my sticker. Hummmmmmmm?

So I dropped by, decided I didn't want to wait till April or May as it was going on the forum. So I ponyed up and went for it. I got the same % off but the truck cost more. I drove away the following day.

So I would think they would just be happy to sell you that one since yours is on the way.

BDRAG

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You could always get them to sell you that one at your asking price and 'replace' that stock ordre with the one you ordered when it arrives.. therefore they're waiting and you're driving. They may go for it since they're exactly the same. Never hurts to ask!

~BGM

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i cant see it being that big of a deal man they would simply seel the one they have to you an replace it with the one coming in eventualy . i dont think its a big deal there objective is to sell cars no? so here you are looking to take one off there hands ....either way they would have that exact truck sitting there your simply taking it off their hands a bit earlier

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Local dealers in SoCal are sitting on stock units to wait for the sucker to come along and pay $5 - 10 g's over sticker.