My Carmax offer 9-25-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H lian

Reaction score
I was looking for trade in my Q7 for 18 raptor (21000mi 805a everything... but recaro seat) they are selling it 63900... I know the auction MMr for 18 raptor is 55k with average 40000+ mileages

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold mine because of a cross country move and career change. I'll have a company truck in the new job so the Raptor would just sit and there is no place to use it, oh and the salt would rust it. I put 1/3 down and paid off the balance last week, so payment wasn't an issue.

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the same numbers but have yet to find a dealer that will go above 61, at least over the phone. I person I might negotiate more.
I had the same scenario. Most places that contacted me were more in the 63k range. Esp if it was a strait sale/acquisition with no trade or other benefit on their end. BUT you can def squeeze a bit more out in person. It also depends on market and number of used raptors in your area.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would be nice to hear also why people traded in, I.e. what they switched to or why they wanted to get out of the Raptor...

my idea was that prices were so high, for a couple 1000 bucks I could switch into a 0 mile 2020 from a 16k 2019.

I'd like to think that most are not as ridiculous to trade up only one model year.

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to think that most are not as ridiculous to trade up only one model year.
It’s simple math, independent of model year (could’ve worked with any lower mileage raptor). Miles are miles. 16k less miles for 1000$ is much cheaper than adding additional ones on the existing. But, the deal did not come out as sweet as that. So no, I chose the not so ridiculous route of keeping & modding my 2019.

GxDxWxB

Reaction score
Ok ill keep you posted. I will def uninstall from truck. The mods have about 9-10k easy highway miles on them. I baby my truck. Never bought it to "Raptor it". It just rode nice, absorbed all the pot holes well, had decent power, and looks great. Anyway ill let u know. I'd be willing to sale it all around half price if shipping terribly expensive.

If the time comes in the next month or so please update me, Im actually working right near Morgantown month on month off for the foreseeable future so I'd be able to pick up.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s simple math, independent of model year (could’ve worked with any lower mileage raptor). Miles are miles. 16k less miles for 1000$ is much cheaper than adding additional ones on the existing. But, the deal did not come out as sweet as that. So no, I chose the not so ridiculous route of keeping & modding my 2019.

That is saying any of the residual costs that get added to selling a vehicle did not then make it not worth the time, effort and money.

If you traded up just one year. you are the minority by far that is able to do that succesfully

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is saying any of the residual costs that get added to selling a vehicle did not then make it not worth the time, effort and money.

If you traded up just one year. you are the minority by far that is able to do that succesfully
Yeah I don't disagree with you - prices on used Raptors were so high, prices on new ones were invoice. It was a unique moment to make a deal like that potentially work, but I did not end up doing it.