2020 Raptor W/Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kmartinusa88

Reaction score
Hi Gang-

My apologies if this has been covered but the market moves and to be honest I just don’t know how to value used cars anymore at all. I’ve bid on a couple of 3/4T trucks for my son who is going off to college, I think I probably lost out on a pretty good deal yesterday and probably made a decently sane decision to let one go a week ago.

Anyone can look at asking prices on the various car buying websites but I know of no way of learning what they actually sell for with any degree of certainty.

I thought I’d keep my 2020 Raptor for years but changed my mind. It’s got a lot of miles because I’m a McD’s owner in NW Oklahoma and the TX panhandle, going anywhere is usually a couple of hours and I cover 6,000sq miles w/four stores.

The truck:

2020 Raptor, loaded. 802a. Moonroof, aluminum wheels, carbon fiber, heated rear seats- only option I remember not getting was graphics on the back.

Oxford White
Air Bags for leveling/towing (it didn’t like dragging my side by side 20 miles to the deer lease)
Rigid Fog Lights (6 discretely mounted in the space below headlights)
Full Ceramic Coat (5 or 7yr warranty, can’t remember)
Zero dings, scratches etc.

Also have front/rear dash cams, (Thinkware- wires/power hidden in headliner)
iPhone magnet mount/power cord (hidden in dash)
****** Max 360, Molle mounted in center dash space- magnet mount and again, all wires run through dash- (can’t see them)
Goose tuned/tuner but put back to stock 3 months or so after install/tune. Can’t remember tunes but have 3-4, bought a towing tune from him I never used, probably 3k miles run with a tune installed. Have been meaning to install it again but just never have.
Charging cable (USB C) I use for my flashlight, leading to a hidden/magnetic mount on the side of the console for flashlight/charging
Magnet pistol mount
Spray in bedliner, did rear wheel wells too because they looked goofy stock/white.

*I know that some of this is silly but my overall point is that it’s as perfectly set up as I could think of and it took a lot of time and money to get it just right from performance to practical use. I hate wires hanging everywhere. And I did it right, didn’t compromise on anything.

75,000 miles and still driving while waiting on my new one, will be here next week.

I kind of want to keep it but it’s a stupid idea and I’ve run out of space.

So what is it worth? I don’t have a clue. A lot of highway miles and totally set up to exactly what I want…may remove the cameras, radar detector, flashlight/wiring or sell separately because it’s a job to run cables/power etc.

Thanks and I really hate to post this, I’m just confused with pricing these days.

-Kevin

OP
OP
K

Kmartinusa88

Reaction score
You’re about right…I’ve done this for 30yrs now, started at the bottom. We went years where we didn’t touch menu board prices but now raise them 4x/yr. We started raising prices regularly about 6, maybe 8yrs ago. Somewhere in there we were able to leave them alone for a little over a year but it’s embarrassing what we have to charge.

The thing is that commodities keep going up and are forecast to continue to do so through the year- from what we are being told, increases should be slower through the remainder of the year. While they’ve been historically pretty accurate on this stuff…these days not always. If we hadn’t raised prices over the last three years I’d quite literally be selling at a loss- if I remember correctly, our food/paper costs are up 20 or 25% over the last three or four years.

IMG_3216.jpegI think that we sold a Big Mac Meal at about $2.79 when I started in 1992, I used to know all of our prices but I can’t keep up anymore. Our bottom line is very thin and everyone gets paid before I do so I’ve got to be very careful…both ways. Every time we raise prices we run someone off or they come less often and I know nobody who wants to do it at all.

I’ll duck while I say that I’m replacing it with a 2022 TRX, I found a 2000 mile Sandblast Edition at MSRP so I grabbed it. I’d never even seen one up close until I drove one owned by a friend about three weeks ago and I want one now. I’ve driven Ford trucks for 25yrs, was offered a TRX about a year and a half ago and turned it down- I just don’t want a Dodge. Well…they are fantastic inside and out so I’ll see how long I’ll put up with 10mpg.

Thanks for your time/input, much appreciated!

Last edited: