My Carmax offer 9-25-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I've been pretty curious how these sites work and perplexed by the current used car market. I bought a new 2020 800a SCREW back in June for $54.5k - I thought I could live with a base model, but it wasn't for me. I received a quote in early August from Carvana for $63k which seemed absolutely crazy. Fast forward to September, I finally decided to sell but Carvana would not update the expired quote (would just say pending). I tried Vroom and was offered $62k on 9/11 - I ended up taking it and they picked up last Friday.

It seems like the crazy auction prices peaked late August, and Vroom/Carvana corrected around 9/14. Will be interesting to see how the next few months play out with prices. Hoping to get into an 802a soon.

IMG_4813.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Hi All, I've been pretty curious how these sites work and perplexed by the current used car market. I bought a new 2020 800a SCREW back in June for $54.5k - I thought I could live with a base model, but it wasn't for me. I received a quote in early August from Carvana for $63k which seemed absolutely crazy. Fast forward to September, I finally decided to sell but Carvana would not update the expired quote (would just say pending). I tried Vroom and was offered $62k on 9/11 - I ended up taking it and they picked up last Friday.

It seems like the crazy auction prices peaked late August, and Vroom/Carvana corrected around 9/14. Will be interesting to see how the next few months play out with prices. Hoping to get into an 802a soon.

View attachment 152918

Lol you mean to tell me that you made $5k or so on a base model Raptor?

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bet they're sending it to the west coast.

Looks like it is in Texas currently, but the WC seems like the only place to support what they're asking. They have mine listed for $66k, there is also another 2020 800a listed for $71k...

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like it is in Texas currently, but the WC seems like the only place to support what they're asking. They have mine listed for $66k, there is also another 2020 800a listed for $71k...

Prices are crazy at this point. I think my ‘19 802A is worth more in trade in as well then I paid for it lol

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there’s a chance prices continue to pick up even more towards spring next year. Factories aren’t fully back up and new generation raptor is a bit out. All new ones are sold and it’ll be all used market.