My Carmax offer 9-25-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:********:
Not carmax but I have a dealer wanting my 2019 PB loaded with recaros, 14k miles. They are saying they can give me around 68k. Which is actually 2k more than i actually paid for truck. This leads to my conundrum. I have a stage 2 goose tune, cvf IC, cobb cai, ams boost tubes, cobb accessport. If it all works out and i take offer, is there a market for the aftermarket parts if i pull them off and return to stock.

Sorry if i got off topic
I had no intention until a ford dealer contacted me wanting my truck due to low inventory and the number of people looking for raptors in their area.

They say they are willing to give me high kbb which is 68-70k. Which to me is nuts. I bought it new for much less! In the end, I will have owned the truck for 13 months/ 14k miles and have 25-27k of equity since I only owe 43k on it. So it's a no brainer financially.

I love the truck. But I dont live in an area where I can "Raptor" it. Its my daily commuter pavement queen. I just liked how it rode, absorbed pot holes and bumps, looked, and power vs competitors.

But at the end of the day. Im not attached to anything if the price is right!
Lol sell it now! You can always wait and buy a lot cheaper or pay cash for gen1

Rmax150

Reaction score
I'm considering selling also. Local dealer in Houston quote at $55k assuming no accessories. 2018 802a plus carbon fiber pkg, no decals, 42k miles. Bought it for $53k with 30k miles. Only owe $30k cuz I had equity in my trade. I have about $6k of accessories that I would sell as well.

Financially it's not too bad of a decision. If I was "wow'd" by the interior and it had a V8, I'd never even consider it. I traded a 2012 F150 FX4 luxury pkg and miss it a lot (5.0L, 4.56 gears, added front locker, 6" lift). Woulda never gotten rid of it but it turned into a complete rust bucket from when I used to live in Pittsburgh and Denver. Come on 2022 Raptor lol.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:banana-mario:If they are going to give you 68-70 you better race up there and get that cash and run! This high trade in market is temporary and will start going down soon! Take advantage and get the cash! NOW

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats what I'm thinking too! I love my truck but this market is nuts. This wasn't even a thought in my mind until I saw a thread on here mentioning absurdly high value of used raptors. So i checked kbb and nada trade and retail values in my area. Then did the instant cash value on kbb just out of curiosity. Never dreamed it would lead to this.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Opportunity cost. I found an 802a SCAB with everything I wanted and got it as a trade-in from a member here and it ended up going down less than 20 miles from my house. A few dollars isn’t gonna make a repeat of that any more likely.