My 37 got smoked by a Hyundai SUV (question)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not to mention you never know what someone else has under the hood. I raced a Gold 4 door Maxima about 15 years ago in my 04 Cobra with a twin screw. Had about 600 at the wheel and I was solo while had three people in the car. We went from a 40-140 and I was giving it everything I had. I put one car on him...one. He was built with twins come to find out. Crazy.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or just buy a Porsche… or an M SUV. People wanna comment about the raptor being slow, but you’re totally right, it can haul stuff and tow a boat.

Oh and fly through Baja at 100 mph lol

It can't tow my yacht while passing lesser vehicles (said in smug)

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
“You should have had a V8”

Racing on a highway… sweet bruh. What’s next: Blue cruise hands free driving? Oh wait… different thread

flwrappeder

Reaction score
It’s your tire size. If I recall the 37 wheel package is actually lighter than the 35. Nothing you can do about the increased lever arm of a 37 inch wheel. To deflate you even more, the 2.7L ecoboost is even quicker off the line than the 3.5!
I havent tested that theory yet but i believe you may be right. My daughters mustang has that little 2.7l in it and i was impressed AF at the power it throws down. Its got some zip, we may have to line them up soon!! Bonding with your children is important.:)

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago, while entering the highway, a younger dude in a little hyundai SUV tried to overtake me and my 37 on the entrance ramp to I-70. I floored it (in sport mode) and he flipped me the bird as he easily overtook me (I guess I had that coming LOL).

Then this week I dropped off my truck for a warranty engine knock sensor replacement. They said it was a bad factory part, that the engine was fine. They gave me a loaner--a Ford F-150 XLT with the same 3.5L ecoboost engine. This loaner has 31 inch tires. I noticed that it is REMARAKBLY faster in acceleration than my 37. This loaner would smoke my 37 in a drag race. I am sure some of this has to do with tire size, but am concerned that there may be other issues.

Any comments? For you others who have a 37, what's your experience with acceleration?
like others have quoted here that if you want your truck to be quick for a truck then you would need to get a tune, the best bang for the buck by far! i run 36 toyos mts right now that are a heavy ten ply mud tire, but i did run several runs on my MPT e50 tune on toyo mt 35s , full race intercooler and also got 12.7@107 mph qaurter mile. these tires are heavier than the all terrains so you can get even faster times than that . i also have a aftermarket fuel pump laying around that i can swap back into the truck to run full e85 but for me e50 is way more than enough power, i lost count how much bmws, subi stis, and many other cars and trucks that are considered pretty quick that i have smoked over the years of ownership. the 91 tune is good but the e50 is day and night better with loads of more torque than from a 91 tune. i personally would feel insulted getting beat by that hundied suv lol but then again being stock on 37s and not racing him off the line but off a roll i wouldnt be suprised out of that outcome. get a tune if you want to be able to beat most of these cars, overtaking taking cars for me is super easy now then before where the stock limitor wouldnt let me go over 100mph which would be really frustrating when trying to pass cars on a one lane each way type of road/ highway.

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago, while entering the highway, a younger dude in a little hyundai SUV tried to overtake me and my 37 on the entrance ramp to I-70. I floored it (in sport mode) and he flipped me the bird as he easily overtook me (I guess I had that coming LOL).

Then this week I dropped off my truck for a warranty engine knock sensor replacement. They said it was a bad factory part, that the engine was fine. They gave me a loaner--a Ford F-150 XLT with the same 3.5L ecoboost engine. This loaner has 31 inch tires. I noticed that it is REMARAKBLY faster in acceleration than my 37. This loaner would smoke my 37 in a drag race. I am sure some of this has to do with tire size, but am concerned that there may be other issues.

Any comments? For you others who have a 37, what's your experience with acceleration?
Sell it and buy a TRX if you want an offroad truck that's fast in the streets