My 2023 RaptorR order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice truck. I asked this in the delivered thread, but wondering if you're seeing any quality related issues on your truck due to the long wait between in production and built. Any paint issues, rusting rear end, signs the fenders/hood have been removed, etc.? Does the engine have new or modified serial numbers?
yes please let us know? was told the hold trucks got new engines ( supposedly has a star after the vin on the engine block)

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice truck. I asked this in the delivered thread, but wondering if you're seeing any quality related issues on your truck due to the long wait between in production and built. Any paint issues, rusting rear end, signs the fenders/hood have been removed, etc.? Does the engine have new or modified serial numbers?
This truck was built June 14th so only a few weeks old. Zero issues of any kind. Bottom side looks as good as top. Just put it up on my hoist for underneath pics. Gotta get some better lighting.
Took the one pic a bit ago but too dark. Few water spots i need to clean up.
IMG_3020.jpeg

Joptimus

Reaction score
I haven't found any rust. Just a scratch on cowl plastic that seems to be from shipping. Nothing that evidents hood replaced. Where can I find engine number? Buried?

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know where the Transmission vin number is on the R.
I know where the Engine VIN is on the Eco Raptor but so far I have not really looked for Engine VIN on my R.
I have an idea but with all the metal shields underneath I am debating if I want to remove those shields just to look. Once removed it will be very obvious they have been removed unless I replace the mounting hardare.

My truck currently up on hoist now and would be good to know and to help others figure it out it could turn into a legal issue if what I suspect is going on really is.

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confirmed! I have located a VIN verify on trucks with or without engines replaced.
Going over my truck really good and documenting numbers and dates. Which are everywhere!

I do not have exact date or starting VIN but pretty much narrowed down the Job1 trucks to Job2 trucks.

With enough info I have from a Ford Engineer I think I could determine if a truck had replacement engine upon a 1 minute inspection!