My 2022 is here but not price protected? (another thread)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No 4k would never be the deal breaker for me and unlike most other raptor Starbucks people mine will be actually in Baja on the trails used for it’s intended purpose. I just don’t want to over pay for something I shouldn’t have to.

I plan on flying to the east coast to pick it up in 2 weeks.

This truck means everything to me as I’m a lead mechanic on a Jeep forum also and can’t wait to get my hands on a brand new vehicle after 14 years and 225k miles. View attachment 354039
I envy you. Wish there were spots like that in the “every thing is bigger“ state. Nice pic btw! Be sure to post that same shot with the Raptor! Lol

KRGKen

Reaction score
You should not have to eat the cost until Ford pays it back to the Ford dealer, stand your ground and make them take the gamble not you. He is saying "just being honest with you" knowing they will not refund it and to cover his ass and try to come out as the nice guy.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You should not have to eat the cost until Ford pays it back to the Ford dealer, stand your ground and make them take the gamble not you. He is saying "just being honest with you" knowing they will not refund it and to cover his ass and try to come out as the nice guy.
Yea it kills me to have to still be nice to him until I actually have the keys in my hand. Its just a shame to sign on a build sheet, have the factory not include some options because of shortages and then have to argue price after 8 months. It will all be worth it when I save the $4k and I'm driving a new gen 3 back to CA and then to Cabo!

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dealer just marked up my signed order and price protection $1500 as well. I pick up truck Friday, they said they wont budge on the new price even though they said they dont charge over MSRP. There is a rep at Ford Executive who is high up at Ford Customer experience just confirmed to me that all dealers know that going forward they will be re-invoiced 30-45 days after the sale and sent a check from Ford for the difference and then they are required to send to the customer. If not done, there will be an investigation and protentional loss of allocations

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My dealer just marked up my signed order and price protection $1500 as well. I pick up truck Friday, they said they wont budge on the new price even though they said they dont charge over MSRP. There is a rep at Ford Executive who is high up at Ford Customer experience just confirmed to me that all dealers know that going forward they will be re-invoiced 30-45 days after the sale and sent a check from Ford for the difference and then they are required to send to the customer. If not done, there will be an investigation and protentional loss of allocations
Is it marked up because the new window sticker came increased? or did they just add an ADM onto it. Did you call someone at Ford Customer Experience to get that information?

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it marked up because the new window sticker came increased? or did they just add an ADM onto it. Did you call someone at Ford Customer Experience to get that information?
new window sticker....dealer just confirmed after I relay this that is now the process. They will get a check from Ford in a month and pass along to me.

Yes Ford Executive team

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
new window sticker....dealer just confirmed after I relay this that is now the process. They will get a check from Ford in a month and pass along to me.

Yes Ford Executive team
Can you PM me that phone number please, just in case I need it? I am trying to force the dealer to adjust the price on the spot, so I don't have to pay the taxes on it but maybe I'm in the wrong on this.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you PM me that phone number please, just in case I need it? I am trying to force the dealer to adjust the price on the spot, so I don't have to pay the taxes on it but maybe I'm in the wrong on this.
of course....I think they wont adjust it now

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
You pay what your order summary states. You signed the order form and you placed a deposit. My dealer sent me the higher amount bill and I stated that the original order form was for a lower amount and they had no problem adjusting the amount. I pick up my truck Friday.
Exactly! If you have your signed order from October, present that and demand that price agreed to in October along with the Ford price protect backup document referenced and you should NOT have to pay the new price and wait for a reimbursement that might not happen...