My 2022 is here but not price protected? (another thread)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick955

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so manger called back and apologized saying he had no idea it was a $2735 increase which he says was a big deal. Says he also "chewed out the regional rep" and that they owe me an apology. They claim I have to pay the sticker price that is currently listed and then once the dealer gets the refund of the $2735 they will issue me a check. I have not heard of anyone else on the forum do this method. He also says it's a 50/50 chance that I get the money back and that "he wanted to be honest with me" because ford may not refund the money, therefore it has to be me taking the gamble and not them. I read about terrible buying experiences the past 8 months while I waited for mine to come in, and now this seals the deal. Some of these dealers are honest and some just aren't. Ford is a shitshow for sure. If it weren't for the Raptor, I would have walked away already.
That's pretty nuts. Like you said... spot on... some dealers are reputable and honorable, others see $$$ and opportunity to make more. My dealer simply took the original MSRP from October, deducted the $1395 from that, and that's what I paid. Done. I don't even understand where he's getting $2735. If you ordered in October and picked up your truck this week, the same two increases would apply to yours as well! $3300 and $880... those were the two increases that Ford added, and price protected, after I originally ordered. So, my original MSRP was $75645 and the new sticker MSRP was $78430. The new sticker of course had the $1395 already removed from the 801a. I paid $74250. So whether you take the new sticker MSRP and pull the two increases off, or the original deal MSRP and pull the $1395 from that, the end result should be the same. NO idea what these guys are doing with yours.

doverrover

Reaction score
You pay what your order summary states. You signed the order form and you placed a deposit. My dealer sent me the higher amount bill and I stated that the original order form was for a lower amount and they had no problem adjusting the amount. I pick up my truck Friday.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so manger called back and apologized saying he had no idea it was a $2735 increase which he says was a big deal. Says he also "chewed out the regional rep" and that they owe me an apology. They claim I have to pay the sticker price that is currently listed and then once the dealer gets the refund of the $2735 they will issue me a check. I have not heard of anyone else on the forum do this method. He also says it's a 50/50 chance that I get the money back and that "he wanted to be honest with me" because ford may not refund the money, therefore it has to be me taking the gamble and not them. I read about terrible buying experiences the past 8 months while I waited for mine to come in, and now this seals the deal. Some of these dealers are honest and some just aren't. Ford is a shitshow for sure. If it weren't for the Raptor, I would have walked away already.
They knew the difference all along. Their job is numbers

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another option to get this sorted out would be to contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center: 800-392-3673

Furthermore…purchasing a Raptor for the correct and/or agreed to price should have no bearing on personal relationships.
I'' give the number a call tomorrow and see if there is anything I can present to the dealer that would show him I pay what I signed and he can work with ford to get his money back not me.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is how mine worked. I paid the sticker, then received a check, from the dealer, I netted the agreed upon price. I did have a copy of the original sticker I printed off the Ford tracker. It was a non-issue.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is how mine worked. I paid the sticker, then received a check, from the dealer, I netted the agreed upon price. I did have a copy of the original sticker I printed off the Ford tracker. It was a non-issue.
Wow ok great! This helps me relax a little bit on this issue. I do believe that the dealer is trying to do the right thing but I feel if it takes any kind of work on their part they would not bother and pocket the cash. How long did it take for you to get the check?

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow ok great! This helps me relax a little bit on this issue. I do believe that the dealer is trying to do the right thing but I feel if it takes any kind of work on their part they would not bother and pocket the cash. How long did it take for you to get the check?
When I picked up my truck the sticker showed the $880 price increase. I paid it because I didn’t want to rock the boat and was ok with it. I called a couple weeks later and asked the GM about the price protection. He called me a couple days later and said they would send me a check right away. He did say it was going to take them 30-40 days to receive reimbursement from Ford.

The 2nd truck I had ordered came in and I transferred it to a friend. It was not price protected but the dealer did keep the MSRP deal.

RaptorND

Reaction score
I picked up my truck April 1. They were moving along at “new msrp”. I mentioned that I should be price protected. He quickly agreed. Came back with a form for me to sign and that was it. I paid msrp at dealership no refunded check or anything. I’m not even sure I have a copy of the signed form but I’ll check tomorrow. I turned 40 this year too so guess we had the same idea.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I picked up my truck April 1. They were moving along at “new msrp”. I mentioned that I should be price protected. He quickly agreed. Came back with a form for me to sign and that was it. I paid msrp at dealership no refunded check or anything. I’m not even sure I have a copy of the signed form but I’ll check tomorrow. I turned 40 this year too so guess we had the same idea.
Well, it wasn't a birthday present to myself. I was expecting it way before May. I think I posted on here about having it for Christmas! lol

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On the spot