My 2022 is here but not price protected? (another thread)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
The other thing that is bothering me is if I am entitled to a Blue Cruise Credit? I wanted to pay my original signed price of $74,535 that was on my build sheet, which included Blue Cruise. The dealer says that I am not entitled to my Blue Cruise credit because the updated sticker does subtract the $1395 from the 801a package. But if they credit me back the $2735 doesn't that just put me back to the original number I signed for which included Blue Cruise? My thinking (and maybe it is wishful) would be to subtract the blue cruise from the original number I signed for, and that is technically my price.

Am I crazy for thinking this?
You're correct. You should be demanding your original signed contract price LESS Blue cruise credit.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I’m posting this information to hopefully help anyone else looking for price protection. Right now my price protection hangs in the balance of a dealership that is making me front the money first and tells me there is a 50/50 chance ford would “approve it” and get it back to me to which then they would cut me a check for $2735. In addition they wrote my final bill of sale without subtracting my $1000 deposit and charged me a $500 “admin fee” for registration. I’m sure someone will post a good meme for me on this one. Good dealers are hard to find. I still feel confident the dealer will do the right thing but maybe I’m just remembering the good old days.
If you paid a deposit of $1000, then $1,000 should be deducted from balance due. As for admin fee of $500 every dealer in every state charges an admin fee usually up to the legal limit. My state is $499. On a "regular" vehicle during "normal" times you can argue to take it off, they will claim they can't take it off but ultimately can discount the vehicle price in an equal amount. BUT these are not normal times. I wouldn't focus on the Admin fee for a Raptor, but definately hold your ground on the contract price you signed in October LESS the Blue cruise discount and ensure they reflect the $1,000 already paid toward balance.

I ordered in October (picked up in Feb) and came in with the original signed contract, deposit receipt, Ford price protect document etc expecting the same problems, fortunately my dealership honored the original contract and refelcted my $1,000 deposit toward the balance so I didn't have to argue about anything. I was prepared to argue and fight until it was adjusted, I would have escalated it to Ford Corporate if needed. Don't let them screw you if you have an actual signed contract. They must legally honor that...

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I've been extremely polite about this entire situation, and maybe that is my issue. I sent the polite email yesterday asking them to honor the signed price along with a blue cruise credit deducted from that. Crickets so far but I will update when I hear more. I just stated that maybe he cant do anything but if he can just talk to regional rep or corporate I'm sure we can all make sure we get our money.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
new window sticker....dealer just confirmed after I relay this that is now the process. They will get a check from Ford in a month and pass along to me.

Yes Ford Executive team
Can someone get me a phone number to call to get my price protection and Blue cruise. Dealer isn't budging on this saying they will issue me a check when they get it but at this point I want something in writing from corporate. Can't believe this buying process is so terrible. Worst new car experience ever with this company and dealer.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. Maybe I should sign the paperwork first before I make the angry phone calls so that they don't pull the truck on me. They fed-ex me the stuff to sign in CA.