My 2023 37 is here but…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MZRaptor

Reaction score
Question, for those with the 23s and a heated steering wheel delete. And even 22s in general. Do they still have Rear heated seats ? Because if it’s a chip shortage issue. I’m pretty sure no one would care that there’s no rear heated seats.
Not sure it's that simple as - hey heat this part instead of that one.

If I'm not mistaken, the part that's on national backorder is the clockspring/SCCM. If you can source the SCCM, the retrofit is doable. Users on this forum and another forum have done it. I have all the parts and plan to do it soon... hope not to destroy my brand new truck. Lol.

WhiteMamba

Reaction score
The heated steering wheel has been apparently getting to some builds and not to others. It's still an option on the Ford custom build site. The spray-in bedliner might also be out but I'm going with the Line-X bedliner spray that the dealership can put in with a lifetime warranty. The bead-lock wheels are also gone unless you get the 37 package. The carbon fiber package is also a delete. My biggest hang-up is whether to go with the Recaro seating upgrade or not. The seats are the same size but from what I've read, it takes a couple thousand miles to wear in the Recaro seats, kind of like when you get a new mattress, it can take time to soften up. I just don't know about the wear and tear on them and if they truly are more comfortable once worn in. I don't mind going without the heated steering wheel even though I live in Idaho. I'm talking with my dealer about adding it later, maybe even at a discount, if it doesn't happen during production. The Ford custom build site has it at $140. Also, do the back seats have storage underneath or is that only available with the addition of the Partitioned Lockable Fold-Flat Storage option?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also, do the back seats have storage underneath or is that only available with the addition of the Partitioned Lockable Fold-Flat Storage option?
If you do not opt for Pro Power, you will have a small usable storage area under the rear 60 split side. In this pic (not my truck, btw), the area where the amps are is the spot I‘m referencing.

Attachments

• 29BD7A8A-3096-4F77-9A5C-6E047973E60A.png
    29BD7A8A-3096-4F77-9A5C-6E047973E60A.png
    1 MB · Views: 45

Restaurantman

Reaction score
Go with the Recaro seats. I had them in my 19', when I traded it with 35-6k mi on it they still looked good. I didnt order them on my 21', but glad they are standard on the R or would have optioned them anyway.

McCarthy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 23 is built and loaded on a rail car, and has a heated steering wheel so it must have been available around a month ago or so.