GEN 2 My 2017 Gen2 Raptor needs a new frame! Can anyone help, please?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dean Puzon

Reaction score
My 2017 Gen2 Raptor needs a new frame!

Can anyone help, please?!

Any direction / help is greatly appreciated. New to this forum. THX!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2017 Gen2 Raptor needs a new frame!

Can anyone help, please?!

Any direction / help is greatly appreciated. New to this forum. THX!
Post a picture of your Raptor, welcome to the place. Not too hard to get a frame anyway. What model do you have? VIN?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Is it a roush or shelby? There was a guy here a while back that claimed his frame was bent, then posted something that sounded like insurance fraud. The details are hazy to me.

OP
OP
D

Dean Puzon

Reaction score
Thanks for replies!

FordTechOne...why is it a strange 1st post? Isnt this part of what these forums are for...to ask for help and direction from fellow Raptor owners?

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 2.41.58 PM.png

OP
OP
D

Dean Puzon

Reaction score
I am being told from a collision center that rather than buying just the front frame rail / repair kit ($4000), it would cost less (labor) to just buy a complete frame ($9500). Thoughts?

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am being told from a collision center that rather than buying just the front frame rail / repair kit ($4000), it would cost less (labor) to just buy a complete frame ($9500). Thoughts?

I am surprised with the damage shown that we are talking about such an extensive repair. Ouch!!!! It looks like a minor fender bender to my untrained eye.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The drivetrain and front suspension has to come out, not much more work to replace the whole frame. If you're paying for it and have the funds and love your truck, I would replace the whole frame. If you don't have unlimited funds and its just a "truck" to you, then just go the cheapest route.