Must-have accessories - what are/will you be adding to your Gen2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnjoemd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That last picture makes the truck look chrome. Damn!!

But I googled that product and holy shit is it expensive. Did you pay to have it installed or can you buy the product and do it yourself?

I paid someone to do it. Yes it was expensive but with a black truck I thought it was worth it. The Modesto coat is water and first repellent too and resistant to scratches. Makes it super easy to clean and it'll always looked freshly waxed like that photo. I appreciate y'all comments. I'm liking how the truck is coming out so far. [emoji1417]

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid someone to do it. Yes it was expensive but with a black truck I thought it was worth it. The Modesto coat is water and first repellent too and resistant to scratches. Makes it super easy to clean and it'll always looked freshly waxed like that photo. I appreciate y'all comments. I'm liking how the truck is coming out so far. [emoji1417]

Do you mind if I ask how "expensive" the Modesto coat was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This shop is about 45 mins north of me: Reflections Auto Detailing Delaware

Modesto detail $1,779 - $2,995 depending on plan you choose. Ouch!

Looks totally worth it though...

I saw one that said "starting at $1,495"

Don't get me wrong, this is not a cheap truck and I'm not being cheap here. But for the way I'm going to treat the truck and take care of it that's more expensive than I can justify.

If the pictures do it justice it does look great.

Have you had this product applied before or know anyone that has? It's hard for me to believe that a product that you can simply apply like that will have the charctaristics advertised.

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Don't get me wrong, this is not a cheap truck and I'm not being cheap here. But for the way I'm going to treat the truck and take care of it that's more expensive than I can justify.

Have you had this product applied before or know anyone that has? It's hard for me to believe that a product that you can simply apply like that will have the charctaristics advertised.

I've never used it and have been considering Adam's Polishes to detail my car at home along with their ceramic coating. Check out this video on Modesto coating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVhOZ6upe58

The shine is ridiculous. I'd be scared shitless to park this car in a crowded parking lot. It almost invites some a$$hole to key it! Can honestly say I haven't seen a shine like that on any car where it has chrome/glass-like properties to it. Amazing. Too rich for me but it has got me thinking...

johnjoemd

Full Access Member
Reaction score

$1900 for a truck without scratches or additional paint repairs that need to be done. This is my first truck to be coated but I have had three friends do it as well. Stuff is seriously legit. I would not have done it with the Oxford white or AVG which were the other colors I considered. I'm a little OCD with cleaning so for me it was a must with black. I have a buddy that has had his black truck done for months. His truck rarely has to get washed and always looks like it was freshly detailed. Btw I am not a serious offroader. Some hunting, occasional trips. Mostly this is my DD. Not sure how well it holds up to sand nothing really does though. Thanks for the comments guys.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$1900 for a truck without scratches or additional paint repairs that need to be done. This is my first truck to be coated but I have had three friends do it as well. Stuff is seriously legit. I would not have done it with the Oxford white or AVG which were the other colors I considered. I'm a little OCD with cleaning so for me it was a must with black. I have a buddy that has had his black truck done for months. His truck rarely has to get washed and always looks like it was freshly detailed. Btw I am not a serious offroader. Some hunting, occasional trips. Mostly this is my DD. Not sure how well it holds up to sand nothing really does though. Thanks for the comments guys.

I understand the value of it especially for certain colors. My truck is Avalanche so I don't know how much the shine would stand out. Working at a dealership I have access to all of our cleaning and polishing/waxing products on a daily basis. Granted they won't provide any additional "hardness" to the paint but it does greatly help with keeping the truck from holding as much dirty on the surface. This is my first light colored vehicle in a while so I've been maintaining Dark Blue, Dark Gray, Black and Dark Green for the last 20 years

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It's definitely got me thinking. My G2 will also be my DD along with my '05 Rubicon and since my G2 will be outside 24/7 and I rarely have time on the weekend to detail any of our vehicles, this investment may well be worth it. I'm seriously considering it... thanks for sharing!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc