Mud flap opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As stated, you can adjust the height to where you want it to fit your needs. As for the 3M clear protective film and I am not sure whether another forum vendor does or not but they may. But the link will provide a good idea of what you would be looking at for thesize rolls that are available and the cost associated with them.

On-line Product Catalog:*Scotchgard

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Chris, thanks for the link.
You are showing 0 sets of the blue in stock. Do you know when you will get more in?
Also, the price of $85 is for a set of four, correct?
One more question. How do they attach?

Thanks.

jeff

Thanks for asking Jeff, they are actually always in stock, I just need to adjust the stock levels in the store itself. PDP keeps plenty of them in their warehouse. Also, $85 is for for a full set of four. I can also provide custom colors upon request, I would just have to contact PDP Monday for custom colors or lettering pricing quotes, although the increase for customization isn't much.

Jeff Quinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chris, I have a blue truck on order, so I think the blue should look pretty cool. I assume they screw on. Do the wheels have to be removed for installation?

Jeff

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They come with mounting screws, you will more than likely wind up pre drilling for the screws. Because of that, while it isn't impossible to install them without removing the wheels and tires, it is advisable so that you have plenty of clearance during installation.

Jeff Quinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Sir. I will be ordering a set. Do you take VISA credit cards?

I am also thinking of putting a black band of 3M around the bottom of the truck, both for protection, and I think it would look cool. I would like to see a picture of that done, if any of you fellows have tried it.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As stated, you can adjust the height to where you want it to fit your needs. As for the 3M clear protective film and I am not sure whether another forum vendor does or not but they may. But the link will provide a good idea of what you would be looking at for thesize rolls that are available and the cost associated with them.

On-line Product Catalog:*Scotchgard

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Thanks for asking Jeff, they are actually always in stock, I just need to adjust the stock levels in the store itself. PDP keeps plenty of them in their warehouse. Also, $85 is for for a full set of four. I can also provide custom colors upon request, I would just have to contact PDP Monday for custom colors or lettering pricing quotes, although the increase for customization isn't much.

From all the research I did, I went with the Xpel ultimate product. It self heals and has a longer life against yellowing. Another thing is to go at least all the way up to the windows. With our running boards the rockers don't get hit that bad, at least with flaps. I personally did the entire front clip,a pillars, about 1 ft back on top of the cab and the doors and truck bed from bottom to the rails or the windows. It looks great and has saved all kinds of paint work.
Dirty
yvypyqe4.jpg

I can't find a clean pic but will take one in the am.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had it done. It cost around $2000. These trucks have quite a bit of paint to cover. I also had some reflective stickers put on the hood and rear quarter panels. I still think it was well worth the investment. Small trails with brush down the sides does not worry me at all.

OP
OP
jdombrowski1077

jdombrowski1077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had it done. It cost around $2000. These trucks have quite a bit of paint to cover. I also had some reflective stickers put on the hood and rear quarter panels. I still think it was well worth the investment. Small trails with brush down the sides does not worry me at all.

Did an auto body shop or a vinyl company do the install?