Mud flap opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can swing it, I would recommend a full wrap whether you get the mudflaps or not. I have the clear vinyl 3M on the rocker panels and on everything on the front of the hood, front bumper, etc. But after making a couple of trips to Rausch creek for the Havoc in the hills event, I really wish I had a full wrap. It will save you from more than chips from debris. The "character" gained from events like that in the form of the new pin striping on the truck will make you very thankful to have a full wrap if you plan to get out there offroading much.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vortex. They look like they're made for the Raptor. Match the running boards.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Vortex. They look like they're made for the Raptor. Match the running boards.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

they also match the hood vents. i run vortex on the front only for the snow build up on the running boards and door handles.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only issue I have seen with the Vortex was at Havoc in the hills. One participant broke two of the "vents" and needed to replace one of them. The other was when a truck came off the trails and had an 18 inch long 1 inch diameter limb actually caught in on of the vents hanging there ready to tear them up. Don't get me wrong, I am not downing on them at all, I actually provide those as well, this information was for the OP as he makes his decision on mudflaps in general.

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see I am getting a few nicks from my BFGs and am contemplating mud flaps but I hate the way mud flaps look on the truck. This may be a function over looks purchase but I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on low profile mud flaps or something that doesnt stand out like a sore thumb.

Like alot of others, I went with the PDP with the gray 'Raptor' script.

I don't really like the look of mudflaps on the Raptor, but the side of the cab already had a few nicks in it.. not to mention anytime I go through some mud the door hinge area gets caked with it. They should also cut down on what gets kicked up onto anything I tow.

OP
OP
jdombrowski1077

jdombrowski1077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you set the height of the pdps? It seems like i would want them to hang the minimum amount needed as i noticed the tunning boards blocks some areas of the sides. It looks like mud flaps are in this weeks mod list. How much is the clear wrap freedom? Is the area protected noticably different? Thanks for the input everyone.

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. They don't have any predrilled holes, so mounting position is really upto you.

Where I mounted mine.
1383563_10151904614887207_948745660_n.jpg

OP
OP
jdombrowski1077

jdombrowski1077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im thinking going just a hair below the running boards. Looking at the angle off the tire I wouldnt need the entire length of the flap. Im looking for the protection mainly in the corner of the front doors where I noticed all of the minute chips are. I will match the rear height with whatever I set the front if I even decide to put the rear ones on.

Jeff Quinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score