Most popular Rim / Rubber combo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost everything is now made in China...

It might be Amercan engineered and JUst made in China..

Maverick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the stock beadlock wheels are made in China too. Pathetically sad but true. I'd pay a few bucks more for everything if it meant bringing back the manufacturing we lost to China and other parts of Asia. The good news is that some has started to come back due to increasing labor costs in China, no more subsidies for foreign companies, high inflation as well as the ******'s stealing intellectual property. Much more manufacturing would come back if the POS in the White House or the wimps in Congress had any balls or an ounce of leadership ability.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Hawkeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of tires - does anyone in the northern climates change to a narrower wheel
and tire for the snow? I think the stock ones would "float" over the snow instead
of biting through it. Anyone have experience with that?

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of tires - does anyone in the northern climates change to a narrower wheel
and tire for the snow? I think the stock ones would "float" over the snow instead
of biting through it. Anyone have experience with that?

Weighing in at a light 6280lbs, the Raptor has a hard time floating over anything except kia rios..

-Greg

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had mine floating threw the air. snow had it to the running boards this was not fluffy weather two wheel drive nothing locked in went right there it after I shut of the traction crap.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Much more manufacturing would come back if Union workers didn't demand 10x $ to build the same product as the foreign worker. Yes the federal govt could help by lowering taxes on American companies but organized labor wants more and more all the time.

Much more manufacturing would come back if the POS in the White House or the wimps in Congress had any balls or an ounce of leadership ability.

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hoping you were wrong but unfortunately you're 100% correct...

2010-2013 F-150 SVT RAPTOR BEAD-LOCK WHEEL | Part Details for M-1007-DC1785* | Ford Racing Performance Parts

"Country of Origin: China" :Sumo:

That said, OEM wheels typically are much higher quality than a lot of aftermarket ones. So OEM Chinese wheels may hold up better than aftermarket Chinese wheels.

I have not found this to be the case. I broke ( as in cracked and/or exploded ) three out of four of my OEM wheels running an Outlaw event. Later events and outings I have run Method standards and Method Beadlocks. Both have held up to thousands of miles offroad including alot of time in Mexico.

How well a product performs depends on the design and the quality of the materials and process. Methods have worked well for me regardless of where they came from.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc