Most popular Rim / Rubber combo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shad0w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Whats the most popular Rim / Rubber combo?
Looking to replace my 2013 stock rims / rubber with something special :)
Suggestions? Really interested in opinions here on whats the best looking! :)

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Go with Methods and Duratracs if you want to save a little weight over stock.

Otherwise, the Toyo M/T seems to be very popular here, and Methods are pretty much the universal choice for wheels.

Some guys swear by the BFG Baja T/A if you're out in the desert as well.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are looking for something special as you posted, don't go with Methods everyone and their Grandmothers Raptor has them, they are cheap though if you want something inexpensive. For tires I like the Toyo M/T, good all around tire.

J-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Methods for the most popular wheel without a doubt. No a couple of things though, that might be a turn off for some. The Double Standard and Standard are the two most pepole get They are both cast wheels, not forged, and they are both made in China. I stewed on these points a while, and reluctantly I went ahead and got them. I will say they are great looking wheels, that replicate the "desert racer" style nicely. The quality is good, and honsetly most wheels that are available mass produced are made in China. Unless you want to spend 400-500 a wheel for custom made forged USA wheels I would go with the methods. As far as tires, I think if they did not cost so much the BFG BAJA's would be on a lot more trucks, but they are super expensive unless you are conected. The General Grabbers are a good alternative for the desert racer wanna be crowd if you can find them. Toyo's and Nitto's are also pretty popular. I personally like the Mickey Baja Claws as well.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep! I thought about the Methods but when I found out they were made in China like j-train mentioned, I said screw that and bout something American, no way am I putting Chinese crap on my truck if I can help it. I like Baja Claws as well, I have them on my classic Bronco.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I don't really know honestly. I haven't really seen much of an improvement with my duratracs, but they're not that much lighter per side (4lbs each I think). I doubt it'd be too drastic unless you went to 37s or something.

Hopefully someone who has some experience with the Toyos can chime in.

OP
OP
S

Shad0w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep! I thought about the Methods but when I found out they were made in China like j-train mentioned, I said screw that and bout something American, no way am I putting Chinese crap on my truck if I can help it. I like Baja Claws as well, I have them on my classic Bronco.

Im of the same opinion... dont want Chinese crap on my truck either.
What did you go with that was American?

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

I also just noticed you're in the GTA as well, where did you get your wheels etc? :)