more power from the 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That honestly isn't too far off. Installing headers, an intake and a chip is roughly 12 hours worth of work. It is a little on the high side....for us, that set up normally runs about 3600 bucks. It is pricey but the power gains from those three things is quite noticeable.

Also, installing things like cams or heads is going to cost a lot more. The best performance adders for the 6.2 will be bolt on stuff like you had mentioned: intake, exhaust, headers & y-pipe, tuner, then would be a supercharger. From there I would recommend a transmission cooler so that you don't cook your trans with all that added power. Don't get me wrong, the 6R80 that is found in the raptor is a great transmission but heat is the major killer in any trans and when adding on 100+ horsepower it is definitely something to take into consideration.

words of wisdom right there

svtfamily619

Reaction score
Contact Livernois Motorsports..my truck has their cams headers and cold air package..it sounds great,runs great,driveability is awesome,and it makes over 400rwhp.Since these mods my gas mileage has averaged around 14.8 mpg.thats about 1.2 mpg better than stock.Money well spent for mods,in my opinion. My truck is a 2012 Scab wth 7500 miles,2500 miles on the mods,driven daily 70miles round trip

OP
OP
H

hapa

Reaction score
yea halfnutz he sold me a 2011 after he jumped it and damaged the steering assembly but wasnt honest enought to tell me. i found out from one of his best freinds who is a nephew of my ex wife.. hawaii is a small place.... the 2011 scab went into the shop three times and he told me "dont worry ill do what evet i have to do and fix it" he did but when he took my trade in I made him give me 29,000 back on a 2012 so it worked out to be a good trade.

BUT Chargeing $4000 for headers and labor seems like a rip off.....

talked to hoim about installing a wipple supercharger offered him 3000 for the installation alone and he didnt want to do it....

I thought all FORD DEALERS had guts TO INSTALL ANYTHING!!! $3000 FOR LABOR ALONE IS A FAIR PRICE.

I would pay 7900 for the parts alone but Ryan is not to excited about doing the installation..

disaapointed to say the least.. but in hawaii were stuck... if there was amainland dealer who would be willing to deal in hawaii he would kill it here Ryan sold 4 raptors in a 2 week period seriously thats business.....

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

words of wisdom right there

shipping the truck from hawaii and back would not be cost productive

but thanks for your sugesstioin:005:

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

That is not true. I think I remember hearing the the engine mounts need to be loosened and the engine lifted slightly for clearance.

That is news to me. I have not heard of any issues aside from the two engines that were running ProChargers (if I recall correctly) who each melted one piston.

yea dealers here in hawaii are afarid of doing major upgrades to the engine

Cubdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea halfnutz he sold me a 2011 after he jumped it and damaged the steering assembly but wasnt honest enought to tell me. i found out from one of his best freinds who is a nephew of my ex wife.. hawaii is a small place.... the 2011 scab went into the shop three times and he told me "dont worry ill do what evet i have to do and fix it" he did but when he took my trade in I made him give me 29,000 back on a 2012 so it worked out to be a good trade.

BUT Chargeing $4000 for headers and labor seems like a rip off.....

talked to hoim about installing a wipple supercharger offered him 3000 for the installation alone and he didnt want to do it....

I thought all FORD DEALERS had guts TO INSTALL ANYTHING!!! $3000 FOR LABOR ALONE IS A FAIR PRICE.

I would pay 7900 for the parts alone but Ryan is not to excited about doing the installation..

disaapointed to say the least.. but in hawaii were stuck... if there was amainland dealer who would be willing to deal in hawaii he would kill it here Ryan sold 4 raptors in a 2 week period seriously thats business.....

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

shipping the truck from hawaii and back would not be cost productive

but thanks for your sugesstioin:005:

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

yea dealers here in hawaii are afarid of doing major upgrades to the engine

Geez Hapa, i am a local boy that now lives in Alaska. I installed a Whipple on my truck in about 5 days working on it a couple of hours a night. I do not see why most people on this forum do not do their own work, its not that hard. I really took a look at how hard it would be to install headers when i had my truck apart and concluded that i would have to remove the motor to do it right.

Good luck braddah!

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't have to remove motor to do headers. For the Stainless Works at least, you need to remove the right motor mount and the starter. The top starter bolt was a pain in the a$$. Removed the trans cross member to remove the factory cats in one unit, not to cut them. I enjoy doing my own work, plus I am one of the few people I trust to touch it. I installed the headers and full dual exhaust last month. along with the Procharger and bigger injectors. It took a couple of weekends, plus a few week nights for me to finish it up.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol@4k install price

I paid about 1500.00 for mine to be installed here in TN. OP is in Hawaii...so everything is more expensive.

Halfnutz

Reaction score
Yup, things are pretty expensive here. Yes, my black scab was one of the 3 raptors Ryan sold in a week. The whipple is $7000+shipping if you are willing to install it yourself. If you can afford it, whipple it and don't look back. I'm not ready to let go of +$7000 on my new raptor. Ryan has a used raptor that he just installed a whipple on. I have heard it is a screamer! How much power do you really (realistically) need? Unless you drive to the west side or to the north shore, you can only get up to @40mph. I drive from Kapaa to Wiamea every day in a 4 runner. Taking the raptor to work is way more fun and I get @15mpg vs 13.5 in Lihue/Kapaa traffic. I am very happy with the header/intake/flash that I have now. I can't wait to get it on the sand soon.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
in the reality the best way to get more power from the 6.2 is to trade it in for a 5.4 :peace:

Cubdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, things are pretty expensive here. Yes, my black scab was one of the 3 raptors Ryan sold in a week. The whipple is $7000+shipping if you are willing to install it yourself. If you can afford it, whipple it and don't look back. I'm not ready to let go of +$7000 on my new raptor. Ryan has a used raptor that he just installed a whipple on. I have heard it is a screamer! How much power do you really (realistically) need? Unless you drive to the west side or to the north shore, you can only get up to @40mph. I drive from Kapaa to Wiamea every day in a 4 runner. Taking the raptor to work is way more fun and I get @15mpg vs 13.5 in Lihue/Kapaa traffic. I am very happy with the header/intake/flash that I have now. I can't wait to get it on the sand soon.

Im averaging 8.5 mpg with the Whipple on mine now.:doh2: