Moog or motorcraft?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Moog used to be the bee's knees. Not so much anymore. Mostly made overseas. They used to have a couple different lines for the same parts, with one line being "improved over OEM." Seems even the upper echelon from Moog is no longer that great.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Motorcraft.

Like Sozzy said, Moog used to be OE level quality a decade ago and were made almost exclusively in the USA. They’re products are now manufactured globally, including China.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m assuming you’re looking into balljoints? I wanted to get OEM, but they were out of stock when I was rebuilding my lowers and uppers. So I got moog. Happy with them for about 2,000 miles now be we will see how long they last. I do like that they’re serviceable.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can confirm, they were big on the JK era with ball joints holding up to the bigger tires and offset on Jeeps . But now theyve faded back into the white noise. They have grease fittings on them which is a plus.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But let’s be fair, it’s not like OEM motorcraft quality is blowing other part MFG’s. Out of the water either. Plenty of gen2 threads on worn sway bushings and rod links, ect… and broken switches and stuff like that gen3’s

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But let’s be fair, it’s not like OEM motorcraft quality is blowing other part MFG’s. Out of the water either. Plenty of gen2 threads on worn sway bushings and rod links, ect… and broken switches and stuff like that gen3’s
I fell you and agree, but at the same time these are wearable parts and with 35’s and IFS with on average of 6” of travel vs competition, those parts have to be swapped out more than a standard truck. Its a very athletic chassis, id imagine with any decent wheeling 60-80 the joints would need to be swapped.