Monster Energy Outlaw Raptor Run #1 Completed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seemed like who ever was running deavers bent their frame. I ran hard but never pushed the truck, and had no damage to my super crew.

I have Deavers...just bent my frame the other weekend. I noticed a lot better ride quality around town, but less bottoming resistance. When I called Deavers, they asked me if I was sure my truck was bottoming, and told me to put gum on the bump stop. Lol. Overall, I can't complain...

ruffstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every vehicle has a limit things start to break. I have quite a bit of offroad time on the Deavers and there is no sign yet of the frame bending. These guys were pushing their trucks pretty hard from what I've heard. I'm still going to look into the frame mods Outlaw is working on...I would rather spend a couple bucks on that then have to deal with a bent frame in the future.
Even though I may not be pushing it, I'm afraid of those sneaky holes and berms ... you know, the ones that appear out of no where and then "BAM!" "oh ****". From what Outlaw has described, that area of frame doesn't sound like it was designed correctly, especially the access hole for the bump stop nut.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Even though I may not be pushing it, I'm afraid of those sneaky holes and berms ... you know, the ones that appear out of no where and then "BAM!" "oh ****". From what Outlaw has described, that area of frame doesn't sound like it was designed correctly, especially the access hole for the bump stop nut.

To my understanding the Raptor frame is the same as the regular F-150.

Reaction score
I was going about 80 and I hit what looked to be a small jump which ended up launching my truck a good 50 feet and about 3 feet off the ground, when I landed I bent my frame.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From what Outlaw has described, that area of frame doesn't sound like it was designed correctly, especially the access hole for the bump stop nut.

I'm sure no one at Ford will say that the F-150 frame wasn't designed correctly. The frame was designed by Ford to do what they needed it to in on/off road use and in accidents. You can be sure there won't be any discussions in which Ford admits to there being "issues" with the design of the F-150's frame.

Chad got it right it in his previous post:

People that have driven with me know I like to have fun, but want to keep it safe. Yes, a lot of people went too hard in my opinion and thats why they broke/damaged stuff. I know when I'm out there, I'm driving my truck and not my RZR, if I break the RZR, it goes back on the trailer. The truck also weights a whole lot more and will do more damage a lot easier. I will upgrade the rear frame once the kit comes out to help prevent it, but so far no damage

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is what I don't understand Ford at some point during the development process the Raptor was tested it with Deaver springs so Ford would have seen this problem during there R&D whether its on the 04-08 suspension mule or the real truck. Something else to consider the Raptor R/ Ecoboost Torture Test truck ran 2 Baja 1000 and some BITD races on stock style suspension. Yes it caged but the frame is still that of a 2009 F-150 and has been abuse more then any Raptor could. If there was a problem Ford wouldn't be offering the Raptor XT which is 99% identical to the Raptor R.
sent from ...... I don't know where I am.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Here is what I don't understand Ford at some point during the development process the Raptor was tested it with Deaver springs so Ford would have seen this problem during there R&D whether its on the 04-08 suspension mule or the real truck. Something else to consider the Raptor R/ Ecoboost Torture Test truck ran 2 Baja 1000 and some BITD races on stock style suspension. Yes it caged but the frame is still that of a 2009 F-150 and has been abuse more then any Raptor could. If there was a problem Ford wouldn't be offering the Raptor XT which is 99% identical to the Raptor R.
sent from ...... I don't know where I am.

I also don't understand how all the guys that tested the truck(all the racer's involved) didn't bend the sh*t out of the frames. I would think they would push the truck harder than anyone that's actually paying for it since Ford "want's" to find the weak points. Now with that being said we have no idea how many of them actually bent and Ford sent in another truck to test with. At the end of the day its all about $, and using the same frame as all other F1's will save a sh*t load of $.

Now as far as the frame on the Raptor R, XT and the Eco-boost truck, that frame is useless as its just a floating piece of metal for the cage to hit, nothing more. So you can't really use those 3 models as an example

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI: Ford Raptor frame

raptor_frame.jpg

Front frame (link provided due to huge pic size): http://image.truckinweb.com/f/edito...ve-review/29797929/raptor-front-skidplate.jpg

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is still driveable. I could even jump it and it'd be fine. I drove it 100 mph offroad like that.

It's not that the truck isn't fit to drive, the frame's just bent. I could see them finishing Baja with a bent frame.

As far as Ford testing with Deavers, they didn't go to production with Deavers, so who knows if they did or didn't see this issue.