GEN 2 Molding carpet at passenger side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pla748

Reaction score
After a long trip with a dog, I have to vacuum my car. Then I was shocked when peal off passenger side floor mat. Carpet is damping, and lots of white mold right underneath the glove box, one black plastic device is also wet.

Last edited:

Izzi

Reaction score
I have the same issue. There is a tech bulletin concerning an update for the AC drain tube. It basically adds an elbow to the tube on the outside of the firewall. Good luck with the mold problem because you are going to find that the carpet pad under the carpet has wicked water and is saturated well under the front seat. Am currently working with my local dealer and don’t see any way to fix the mold problem without replacing the carpet. Not a happy camper as this should have been a recall item well before it ruined the carpet.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mention the word mold a lot and say for health reason you need to fix the issue. mold is a huge health issue. it worked for me. if it didnt work for me I would have contacted a lawyer and would have paid them to write a letter addressing the issue. mold is serious crap.

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine was fixed at 30k miles. never noticed it until then
Did they just add that elbow to the condensation drain? I’m not sure what caused mine but it definitely looks like it’s from that area, but I haven’t been using the AC. I’m hoping I just got a little overzealous during the last wash with the pressure washer.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they added that elbow. but I also had another leak from vent on back of cab behind carpet just above the jack. they had to remove it all to get to it. I am thinking because of that and mold growing they had no choice to replace it all

cubsalltheway

Reaction score
I was able to get the parts from Autozone and did it myself using Youtube. I would check the work the dealer did. I also used some silicone to seal the elbow

NeoLeo

Reaction score
Had this problem with my 2019 Raptor: the AC condensation would drain into the front passenger footwell, and the recall solution fixed it. I used SprayNine (industrial grade cleaner) to get rid of the mold. I did have to leave the footwell carpeting pulled out a bit for a week to make sure it was completely dry before putting it back in place.

That sucks that this problem persists with the Gen 3’s! Come on, Ford!

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Recall?

what is going on in here? Is it a factory recall or do we need to mix up bleach and water like the old days?