Car seat marks in leather seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2ndFord

Reaction score
My daughters are now 17 and 19, so can't speak to leather car seat deformation in my '18 Raptor. Back then the car seats were installed on leather seats first in a 2001.5 Volkswagen Passat, then a 2004 Odyssey. This was before the LATCH system was universal, and infant car seats were installed via existing seat belts. For the infant seats back then just a plastic base was installed, so that the baby bucket could be slipped in/out to carry or place in the stroller. Those bases left deep impressions that never totally came out (but 95% or so). I just grabbed our thickest bath towels and folded to 4x thickness, no marks after that.

Product suggested by Colticus looks nice, don't know if it existed for me nearly 20 yrs ago. I'd still put a heavy towel underneath as that base looks like it could leave a mark. Or maybe just use one of those flexible cutting board things under a thinner towel.

2ndFord

Reaction score
I feel your pain! I hated those kid's seats. I get that they are much safer, but what a pain. My kids were 2 weeks, 2, and 4, when I got them. Having 3 at once in them was awful. My dad had it easy, he could just have everyone crawl in the back of the Rambler station wagon and he was done.
You got your kids when they were 2 weeks, 2, and 4 yrs old?

OP
OP
B

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey @Badgertits any difference after a week?
Lil better- I vacuumed them up & used some
Leather conditioner & reinstalled the seats this time got new protective covers but also put a 1” thick gel/foam pad under the heavier seat & a similar cushion on the other one which I think will prevent any issue in the future

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I experienced the same issue but I did notice after a few days, the cushion comes back to about 95% of its original shape. Still a little bit visible of where the car seat was. Tried the seat protector as others have suggested and to be honest, made no difference, still left a mark.

I haven’t tried adding towels or other cushions on top of the seat protector but in theory, wouldn’t adding too much extra “height” under the car seat affect the car seat’s protective abilities in an accident since your raising the center of gravity per say? I also understand some car seat manufacturers don’t recommend car seat covers.

Swaddict

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My seats did the same, when I got my Raptor my youngest was only in the car seat for about another 6 months. Ford replaced seat cover under warranty