MO / IL etc meet-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_revisionist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to see if anyone from MO / Southern IL / anywhere else wanted to meet up somewhere to do some off roading, was thinking of maybe going somewhere this weekend. I have a few places I’ve been in my Raptor, and some places I wanted to try out. Would be more fun as a group.

Places to possibly try:

Vandyz
Moonlight
Bricks

or any others anyone knows of? Would prefer faster off-roading than crawling. Am willing to travel too, always down for new challenges.

N0MAD

Reaction score
Once it gets a little bit warmer (for camping season), I've always wanted to check out Mark Twain National Forest, just south of you.
I've always have better experience on forest service roads compared to off-road parks, in terms of high-speed trails and scenery. We'll have to stay in touch, pretty sure I still have your number.

OP
OP
the_revisionist

the_revisionist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah for sure, I’m down for that. Most of the offroad parks I’ve found so far are geared towards slow and methodical stuff which I enjoy occasionally but far prefer going fast and skidding around.

let me know if you’re heading over there some time, I’d be down.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Me too, I go to Mark Twain Forest often down by 8 and 3219 Bayshore Parkway off of 67. Mostly just dirt roads though, haven't found anything too challenging yet.

I plan on ordering some Forest maps this year.

N0MAD

Reaction score
Me too, I go to Mark Twain Forest often down by 8 and 3219 Bayshore Parkway off of 67. Mostly just dirt roads though, haven't found anything too challenging yet.

I plan on ordering some Forest maps this year.

In addition to Forest maps, look into Gaia.

I use it as navigation for all of my trips and run it solely on my iPad mini on the dash. You can download the MVUM (Motor Vehicle Use Map) as a layer within the app and see all of the legal trials / forest roads within the National Forest. You can also save routes, waypoints, etc. Highly recommend it.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
In addition to Forest maps, look into Gaia.

I use it as navigation for all of my trips and run it solely on my iPad mini on the dash. You can download the MVUM (Motor Vehicle Use Map) as a layer within the app and see all of the legal trials / forest roads within the National Forest. You can also save routes, waypoints, etc. Highly recommend it.

Thanks, I have the apps. Gaia GPS, All Trails, Avenza and onX Offroad downloaded on my Note 20 Ultra and need to research which one is best for use with my phone.

I've read and heard a lot of good things about Gaia on YouTube channels.