Misbuild Claim Process when buying Used...? Missing BLIS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Well...i can tell you I peeled my stickers off the 1st day I had the truck.

So I famously spent hours at the dealer going over my soon to be Rap with a fine toothed comb, and as I sit here typing, I have no idea if there’s a blis sticker on my taillights or not. but BLIS does function, quite well.

Just goes to show, all of us are capable of overlooking stuff.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those are definitely BLIS taillights! That explains why you don’t have any BLIS warning messages in your instrument cluster. The previous owner must have swapped the mirrors, which explains why you don’t have the BLIS LEDs in your mirrors nor the body color skull caps.

OP
OP
RaptorNewbie2018
Reaction score
Those are definitely BLIS taillights! That explains why you don’t have any BLIS warning messages in your instrument cluster. The previous owner must have swapped the mirrors, which explains why you don’t have the BLIS LEDs in your mirrors nor the body color skull caps.

I don't think anything was swapped... The skull caps are not color matched, but maybe I'll just purchase pre-painted OEM's from ebay, or maybe have mine painted locally. The longer I wait, the more the black caps grow on me. Color matched skull caps are more obvious on lighter colors anyway... I have BLIS on the mirrors, LEDs & spot light beneath... All that looks good. Looks like the only thing not as it should be are the skull caps shown.

YsJ5VYo.jpg

0huqaIl.jpg

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So does the orange dot on the mirror light up when a car is next to you while driving? That’s what blis is. Guess I’m just confused as to why you thought you didn’t have the system just because you didn’t have the sticker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
RaptorNewbie2018
Reaction score
So does the orange dot on the mirror light up when a car is next to you while driving? That’s what blis is.

Yup... I never questioned having BLIS in the mirrors. I thought it was missing at the tail lights, but I was wrong. I have them in both places thankfully. Once I set up my trailer, I’ll be able to test its full functionality on the road.

OP
OP
RaptorNewbie2018
Reaction score
Guess I’m just confused as to why you thought you didn’t have the system just because you didn’t have the sticker.

This all started with me backing out of a parking space and a passing car honking at me. I thought “huh? I thought this was supposed to warn me..”. Then I noticed no sticker, then I pulled the light out and was expecting to see a second connection for that module, then i went to dealer and questioned it, etc., etc.. In hindsight, most likely the dude honked before I even started moving.... Better yet, Maybe he honked to tell me I had a bad ass truck... who knows... probably just me being a dork.

tlnt60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup... I never questioned having BLIS in the mirrors. I thought it was missing at the tail lights, but I was wrong. I have them in both places thankfully. Once I set up my trailer, I’ll be able to test its full functionality on the road.

It looks like they might have painted the mirror caps black?? Maybe to make it more sporty looking??

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The tail light just holds the sensor that makes the mirror light up and cross traffic alert. There isn’t 2 different sensors.

Last edited:

termite352

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the mirrors appearing to be painted black, I’d be willing to bet the owner was trying to match the accents. It’s not like the mirrors are plastic coated. I personally think it looks good with the black mirrors. Relax, take a slow deep breath, and enjoy your truck. I get the OCD with such an expensive truck (I was the same way with my new 2018) but relax and love every minute with your new ride.