Misbuild Claim Process when buying Used...? Missing BLIS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford Senior Master Technician new to the forum here. Just bought a 2019 Raptor in FBP w/802A.

It appears the OP’s vehicle was in fact mis-built. If you swap the BLIS tail lamps out for standard ones, the Instrument Cluster will immediately display “blind spot unavailable” and “Cross Trafffic unavailable”. This is because other modules on the truck are programmed to communicate with the side obstacle detection (SOD-L & SOD-R); when communication is lost those modules will set DTCs and turn on multiple warning indicators and lights. Sounds like the original dealer and owner just didn’t catch the misbuilt, and there is only a limited time frame to report the misbuild to the factory. Since you bought used FMC probably won’t be able to help; I would return to the dealer that sold it to you.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree - the used window sticker says "as is". It is up to the person buying to know what they are supposed to get. Sucks, but you are stuck with it. Someone could have also "test drove" this back to their house and swapped parts. This stuff happens all the time. I was reading where people were renting Home Depot GMC pickups so that they could swap headlights out. New were $900. 1hr rental at THD was $40.

Yep.

Sam

OP
OP
RaptorNewbie2018
Reaction score
Ford Senior Master Technician new to the forum here. Just bought a 2019 Raptor in FBP w/802A.

It appears the OP’s vehicle was in fact mis-built. If you swap the BLIS tail lamps out for standard ones, the Instrument Cluster will immediately display “blind spot unavailable” and “Cross Trafffic unavailable”. This is because other modules on the truck are programmed to communicate with the side obstacle detection (SOD-L & SOD-R); when communication is lost those modules will set DTCs and turn on multiple warning indicators and lights. Sounds like the original dealer and owner just didn’t catch the misbuilt, and there is only a limited time frame to report the misbuild to the factory. Since you bought used FMC probably won’t be able to help; I would return to the dealer that sold it to you.

Yeah.... No question is was a misbuild that was missed... All the other possibilities noted, (as creative as they are), are not likely the case in my situation. It's worth a shot TRYING to work with my local Ford dealership. Nothing to lose but time... Returning to the dealer that sold me the vehicle would be an additional waste of time, since they're a Chevy/Buick/GMC dealer.

Bottom line, I want the full/complete build & will likely fork up the funds myself to get it, but REALLY hoping FMC and/or my local Ford dealership will stand behind their brand & take care of a customer that spent a $hit load of money on their product, (regardless if it's used).

We shall see..

Last edited:

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You bought a used truck from a non-Ford dealer.

Not trying to sound harsh.... But no way in hell Ford will replace.

CZECHSIX

Reaction score
any ford dealer can reprint the window sticker easily , that will tell you everything

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah.... No question is was a misbuild that was missed... All the other possibilities noted, (as creative as they are), are not likely the case in my situation. It's worth a shot TRYING to work with my local Ford dealership. Nothing to lose but time... Returning to the dealer that sold me the vehicle would be an additional waste of time, since they're a Chevy/Buick/GMC dealer.

Bottom line, I want the full/complete build & will likely fork up the funds myself to get it, but REALLY hoping FMC and/or my local Ford dealership will stand behind their brand & take care of a customer that spent a $hit load of money on their product, (regardless if it's used).

We shall see..

You want to run an OASIS report, and look at the "as built" info, it will tell you every part that was and was not included on your truck. Worst case, if need be, I do have a nice set of take off mirrors with BLIS, camera's, heat, auto dimming if you need them, they are semi cheap (in the grand scheme of things.

I can possibly do the as built report for you too.

pfred

Reaction score
How long ago did you buy it? I would address with dealer and say the truck was mis represented. You might be able to “return” it but forced to buy something at that dealer. Or contact your state (can’t remember what agency regulates car dealers) and pursue it that way. Either way. Address immediately.

My wife bought a used wrangler and it was marketed with the dual top group (both hard and soft tops) dealer couldn’t find the soft top. They tried to get say it wasn’t included. I raised hell and they had to buy her a new soft top from Jeep

Just ideas. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
RaptorNewbie2018
Reaction score
You want to run an OASIS report, and look at the "as built" info, it will tell you every part that was and was not included on your truck. Worst case, if need be, I do have a nice set of take off mirrors with BLIS, camera's, heat, auto dimming if you need them, they are semi cheap (in the grand scheme of things.

I can possibly do the as built report for you too.

The mirrors have BLIS. They didn’t screw up there. The only issue there are the color matched caps that were mis-built. My missing BLIS issues are only at the tail lights. I’ve been researching the BLIS modules and brackets for each light. I’m assuming the actual lights I have are the same as the BLIS lights. Only difference would be the BLIS icon on its cover (which i don’t care about). When I removed the lights, there appears to be a blank cover over the spot the BLIS module would be. I don’t know... still researching.