Misbuild Claim Process when buying Used...? Missing BLIS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Recently purchased a used 2018 Raptor with 802A, tech package, etc... From a non-Ford dealership, 4 hours away from my home state. Loving everything about it, but later realized a few options were missing from the truck that should've been included at build.

1. No BLIS in Tail Lights - I have no BLIS tail lights, or BLIS wiring behind the tail-lights themselves for that matter. Spoke to a guy in the Parts department who confirmed with a VIN lookup, that my current tail lights were "option 3" & should've been "option 5", (I assume non BLIS vs BLIS).
  2. Side Mirror Caps not Color Matched - I also appear to be missing the color matched side mirror caps that should've come that way from the factory.

I contacted the original dealership, who quickly pulled a verbal Heisman on me, suggesting I contact my local Ford dealership. This morning, my local dealership is now "Investigating" to determine if another option chosen by the original owner, might've zero'd out those features. Knowing there is no way that's the case, I'm feeling this is going to be a pain in the a$$ process, (especially being that I'm not the original owner).

Has anyone else dealt with this process, (as a 2nd owner), & can you offer any pointers?

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your truck have the b&o sound system? Are you sure you have an 802?

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are your door handles color match painted your truck's color or are they unpainted black?

OP
OP
RaptorNewbie2018
Reaction score
Found the 2018 F-150 Raptor Series Equipment Group explanation online, (attached) It confirms the 802A package should definitely have these items. Even though I have the proof the truck should have them, it seems that getting Ford, or local dealer to care is going to be a challenge.

RPSl8Fd.png

Attachments

• 2018 Raptor Options List.pdf
    214 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Mirror caps/door handle variant is odd as they both would be painted with an 802 pack. Sounds like to have an oddity for sure, but as the 2nd owner and buying from a non-ford dealership, I'd say the chances of getting Ford to address this are 0%, IMO.