MIL on new truck!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn. Did you get in touch with Crystal at Ford? Sounded like she might be able to help you out.

OP
OP
LONGISLANDRAPTOR

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea she contacted me.
I am working with my areas regional manager. they told me it was fixed last time. Makes me wonder whats going on in the ranks of ford? Dose anyone even care about after sales customer satisfaction? I know damn well this is the last ford my family purchases!

metronyc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with you bro !!! my truck at the dealer for last 5 weeks I'm even not bather to call them anymore . very poor tech service and poor understanding of the product they selling and service.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you look at my post here:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f160/long-tube-headers-engine-light-4706/index5.html#post653901

Here is the OBD11 Summary for the 2013:

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/diagnostics/pdf/OBDSM1300.pdf

On page 102 is the code you threw, I don't know if this will help you or not but read a few pages in front and after 102.
At least you might get a idea of what or why the code is being thrown and the test procedures.
There is really not much you can do without the Ford diagnostic software, laptop and training.
I just figure you might be able to have them explain it to you and why you need to go back so often for the same problem.

metronyc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no mater what is the code , the dealer should solve the problem regardless , if he can't do it in timely mater he is not professional tech and i will recommend them to switch and become a shoe makers , most ford dealers in NYC are low in knowledge and skills they know to do lo grade jobs like oil change and tire rotation if it more complicated they are worthless .

OP
OP
LONGISLANDRAPTOR

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW awesome info MFT.
having training in automotive technology i understand alot of what this is saying.

One thing that takes me by surprise is that ford uses DFSO
Deceleration Fuel Shut Off.

Now a whole new circumstance can be causing this issue.

I have been telling Ford since day 1 that they need to get a field rep involved to figure this out. Theres too many things that they arent checking im sure!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well the info may be more than an average tech knows. Unless he did the certification in earnest.
That's probably why they wanted you to go back to stock so a real engineer can continue the diagnoses.

I'm only assuming here.

The OBD11 and the DFSO is why headers won't work on a stock Tune for the most part, besides other areas the PCM monitors. More than just placement of the cats.
The tolerance is quite small when it checks the AFR, this is why it takes three times to throw a MIL in a drive cycle. My guess is to take in account sudden climate change.

I wonder how much the DFSO really saves in fuel, can't be much.
I hardly have my foot off the pedal anyway!

This is also why quite a few have experienced shut downs while slowing down and making turns too. I'll call it a hiccup.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LONGISLANDRAPTOR

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so the dealer replaced the left side (bank 2) cat this time. so far so good. I took a trip to PA this weekend, about 300 miles round trip. It seems to be fixed FINALLY.