MIL on new truck!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 13 SCREW trew a check engine light last week while i was down in Florida. Code P013c Bank 2 Sensor 2 slow response. it has been fine up until tonight when again it threw the same light. The truck is stock except for a K and N drop in filter, mid perch, and a MBRP turndown exhaust. Has anyone ever heard of this exhaust causing a MIL?

OP
OP
LONGISLANDRAPTOR

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it went to the dealership by me and they told me my MBRP exhaust is the issue, and they cant work on it untill i return it to stock. WTF

OP
OP
LONGISLANDRAPTOR

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tried 4 different dealers. I even called the Ford REP. NO HELP. Welcome to the great state of NY. I removed and inspected the 2/2 o2 sensor. Looked like it was never changed. I swapped it out and no MIL yet. KNOCK ON WOOD

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the few years I've been on this forum I've read a few times about lazy O2 sensors.

Hope it's all squared away now!!!

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
that's what my money is on! the O2 sensors might be the issue hopefully its fixed now and it won't come back!

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have seen the k and n filters have been over oiled. That can foul the o2 sensor. Or the mass air flow sensor.

That exact scenario happened to me on my previous truck, a GMC Canyon. I have stayed away from oiled air filters ever since.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had the same codes on mine and also codes refering to air / fuel ratio.

All signs led to O2 sensors.

My codes have come on with both a stock filter and an aftermarket.

I have noticed that they come one when the temperatures get hot of cold for the first time in the season.

This summer, on one of the first 80+ days we had, and I was driving expressway a while, the light came on. It was on and off intermittently for a week, then stayed off until this fall. It came back on the first day I was driving expressway for a while and the temp was under 30. It went on and off intermittently for a week, and now has been off for 2 weeks straight.

I will say that both times the light came on, I swapped / cleaned airfilters and that seemed to get the light to turn off after a few cycles. Dirty air filters and the light stayed on for 20+ cycles

OP
OP
LONGISLANDRAPTOR

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

Here is how it sits.
I finally got the time after work to hook my raptor to a Snap-On scanner. I got the truck to operating temp and took it for a ride. On decel i saw the 2/2 sensor occasionally stick rich before going lean, when compared to the 1/2 sensor.

I called the Ford rep for my area and basically was told to **** up a rope until i put my factory exhaust back on. just like my purchasing dealer told me.

I know i was told that the o2 sensor was replaced from the dealer in FL but with seeing what i saw i Diagnosed the o2 to be faulty.

Since Ford wont help I decided to forget that my truck is BRAND NEW with a warranty and fix it myself. I purchased a new 2/2 sensor from my local dealer. I climbed under the truck and found a nice shiny sensor. when I pulled the o2 out i found some surface rust on threads. Hmmm. upon further inspection i found some mud that they forgot to "clean" from my "new" o2 sensor. I installed the new sensor, and cleared the code.

The truck has been MIL free for 2 weeks now. The longest its been out since it was "fixed" in FL.

I monitored the new o2 sensor with my solstice and everything is smooth now.

I LOVE my truck, I don't want anyone to think I don't. I have just lost all respect for Fords customer care, and there service. I know there are many Ford Techs on here, and they are probably great mechanics. Unfortunately I have seen many Techs through the years i have worked at dealers that don't give a F*^%, and I got them.

I will keep this thread updated for a further update on how Ford handles this matter.

-Mike