GEN 1 Might trade to a 2018 Raptor

Discussion in 'Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1]' started by Krazykorean, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Krazykorean

Krazykorean Full Access Member

So there is a dealer that has a 2018 super cab with standard features so no added crap I don’t want and no mark up for so it’s $51k. And I’ll be retrofitting the stuff I want to it myself later. So I like the base feature which was hard to find locally and in white.

I have a fully loaded with all options available in 2013, 2013 Screw with only 28k miles and all types of mods like front and rear bumper, method wheels, rigid lightbar, MBRP exhaust, intake and other things. I have all the stock parts so if I have to I’ll remove them and trade it in.

This isn’t a discussion not to go turbo v6. Yes I’ll miss the V8 but I will like that I can make more power from this motor which I plan too. And plan to daily this unlike my gen 1 since the MPG are better.

What do you think a fair trade in is how it sits?

Or hell talk me out of it lol.

Here is some pics if curious if he current truck.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Black_Valkyrie

Black_Valkyrie Full Access Member

Wouldn't catch me in an 18. Don't like the styling.

MGD likes this.
  3. Krazykorean

I was the same. I think the Gen1 looks wider and meaner. But the Gen2 started to grow on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wfo likes this.
  4. gryGhst17

gryGhst17 Full Access Member

I luv my scab. Better turning, better looks (imo), better off-road, and a bit lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Krazykorean

Yea I’m going to drive one tomorrow to feel the difference. I think it will be noticeable.

6. downforce137

downforce137 Full Access Member

I think you're gonna get offered around $38k. maybe a bit more since low miles.

the modifications wont help your trade in. prob want to put the stock stuff back on and sell separate.

7. Frank N

Frank N FRF Addict

Depends where you are but based on the eBay sold listings, you are looking at getting mid 40's for it easy selling it privately.

Beautiful truck you have. Don't let the dealer screw you.

I have an 18, I love it but if I were you, I'd keep the 13 and spend a few extra bucks on gas to daily it, it's not like your going to double your mpg with the 18.

MGD and Wfo like this.
  8. Krazykorean

Regardless of the offer I think I will put back to stock anyways. I was offered by a dealer $46k for it a few weeks ago but they didnt have the configuration i wanted and i really want white.

---------- Post added at 06:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

Yea such hard decisions.

9. Hockster

Hockster My 45ft Bluewater Party Supporting Member

Not a single regret in the move from my 2012 to the 18. Sure you lose the sound of the V8 but eh so what to get the new technology with more TQ and HP.

cayenne and mmacfn like this.
  10. rwleonard

rwleonard Member

I just bought a base model 2013 with 18,300 miles on it for $45k out the door. If you want more power, you can super charge your 2013 for about what the 2018 will cost you over selling your current truck, and be HP and (instant)torque ahead. And you won't have to endure the shame of making excuses, explaining how cool and high tech your TT V6 is. I'd hate to see you go through that.