Might trade a 12 for a 13, any MFT thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not too sure but I remember reading something about if you had to get your vehicle repaired under warranty 3 or 4 times and the dealer was unable to fix it, then you'd qualify for a lemon by back by the dealer? Maybe you could look into this?
I'm about there...

Here's a question, whoever gets it right, gets a cookie:

I'm currently driving a Dodge Caliber rental... WHY??? Why the F*** am I driving this awful POS DODGE product?!?!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm about there...

Here's a question, whoever gets it right, gets a cookie:

I'm currently driving a Dodge Caliber rental... WHY??? Why the F*** am I driving this awful POS DODGE product?!?!
because deep down inside, you feel the urge to give me your truck so you are getting used to what a dodge feels like

MikeD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From Motortrend on the new Explorer with updated MFT:
Look's like it's not as bad.

2013 Ford Explorer Sport First Drive - Motor Trend

"MyFord Touch, which comes standard along with the premium stereo, has been updated with better graphics and we experienced none of the bugs and glitches that plagued it in the past. Some of the fonts are still too small and difficult to read at a glance, but it's an improvement nonetheless. "

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had to get the nav and mft because i wanted the tailgate step and moonroof. i dont plan on ever using it though. its coming out the day i get my truck. in my shop for 2 weeks before i even really get to drive it........

nosbusa,

What are you planning on replacing it with? With the Air Conditioning controls integrated into the MFT, I'm assuming there is an option out there that I'm not aware of.

OP
OP
Fergusf16

Fergusf16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after hearing about the MFT issues, I ended up with some first hand experience today. Went car shopping for my wife this afternoon and drove the Explorer Sport, Limited and Lincoln MKX. Ended up getting the MKX and with 42 miles on it this evening the My Lincoln Touch became unresponsive and would not even turn off:disgust: When we got home I pulled the fuse and it now works again. Other then that the vehicle is awesome. Hopefully that does not reoccur for another 100 miles or so:laughing1:

I ordered a 13 Raptor and have not decided if I will take it or not based on the MFT. The Adaptive HIDs on the Lincoln are sweeeet, so that is the feature (sans adaptive) on the 13 Raptor that will most likely make me want to trade the 12. If they are the same intensity as the Lincoln has, they are a huge improvement.

So far MFT 1, Fergus 0

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i had to get the nav and mft because i wanted the tailgate step and moonroof. i dont plan on ever using it though. its coming out the day i get my truck. in my shop for 2 weeks before i even really get to drive it........

The tailgate step and moonroof are completely separate and additional options to the 801a package which contains the mft nav unit and luxury package.

U can't order one without the other but wanted to be clear they are separate packages.
Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2