Might trade a 12 for a 13, any MFT thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fergusf16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like I may be able to trade my 4 month old 12 for a 13 for next to nothing. I am curious how 2013 owners like their MFT setup versus the last generation of Sync. I will get the same truck, Tux Black SCrew Lux Pack that I have now, but am trying to decide whether to add the blue accents this time. The blue interior is really growing on me. Thanks

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never played with the previous year model, but for the most part MFT is decent... It does have some quirks that I could do without but there's nothing that makes me dislike it. Overall if I had to rate it on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd probably give it a 7...

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2012 Focus has been to the dealer a half dozen times with MFT issues... hopefully it's not the same MFT touch system that goes in the F-150.

My car is literally outside right now, and when you start the screen goes black... doesn't respond, can't even change the freaking radio station. Goes in AGAIN Friday, for another slew of attempted updates/repairs. If that doesn't fix it, car is getting traded in.

Would be nice to know if it's the same system the truck has? Getting into my Raptor is a HUGE relief! The nav is so much more responsive, map is more detailed, and the touchscreen is flawless. The MFT is none of those things.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2012 Focus has been to the dealer a half dozen times with MFT issues... hopefully it's not the same MFT touch system that goes in the F-150.

My car is literally outside right now, and when you start the screen goes black... doesn't respond, can't even change the freaking radio station. Goes in AGAIN Friday, for another slew of attempted updates/repairs.

Would be nice to know if it's the same system the truck has? Getting into my Raptor is a HUGE relief! The nav is so much more responsive, map is more detailed, and the touchscreen is flawless. The MFT is none of those things.

Man, thats sad to hear... I was hoping they had things worked out better... One of the reasons I am holding out getting the Focus ST or the new Fusion Engry still deciding what I want

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man, thats sad to hear... I was hoping they had things worked out better... One of the reasons I am holding out getting the Focus ST or the new Fusion Engry still deciding what I want
I might trade my Focus SEL, for a Focus ST WITHOUT the MyTouch system.

Because aside from that, this Focus is a GREAT car.

OP
OP
Fergusf16

Fergusf16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, MFT is the only thing I am concerned about if I order a 13. I like the current setup, but the HIDs are what I am stoked about. I was calling my hometown dealer to talk about ordering my wife an Explorer Sport and just mentioned to the owner about the crazy idea of swapping my 12 for a 13 Raptor. He said with the resale value and me only having 3k on my 12, it will be close to a wash. I will find out the numbers tomorrow so we shall see. The darn thing on KBB has a dealer trade in value 1500.00 over what I paid for it (invoice).

I keep trying to talk myself out of getting the blue accents if I order a 13, but damn, they are wearing on me. Are people happy with a black truck and blue accents? Can you tell a difference in the dashboard as it is aluminum versus plastic correct?

Cheers, and thanks for the inputs, any more would be appreciated!

DieselD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Mft system is more or less the same amount all vehicle models. It has been very buggy through out the lineup. People I know with it have had several complaints with functionality but I'm sure there will be a slew of updates to fix most issues sooner or later

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys, MFT is the only thing I am concerned about if I order a 13. I like the current setup, but the HIDs are what I am stoked about. I was calling my hometown dealer to talk about ordering my wife an Explorer Sport and just mentioned to the owner about the crazy idea of swapping my 12 for a 13 Raptor. He said with the resale value and me only having 3k on my 12, it will be close to a wash. I will find out the numbers tomorrow so we shall see. The darn thing on KBB has a dealer trade in value 1500.00 over what I paid for it (invoice).

I keep trying to talk myself out of getting the blue accents if I order a 13, but damn, they are wearing on me. Are people happy with a black truck and blue accents? Can you tell a difference in the dashboard as it is aluminum versus plastic correct?

Cheers, and thanks for the inputs, any more would be appreciated!

I have a '13 Blue Flame Metallic with the Blue accent interior and I love it. Yup, the HIDs are great too. I think the Blue Accents would look nice in Black, White and MAYBE Silver and Terrain. I've tapped on the blue bezel on the center stack and can't really tell if it's aluminum or plastic. Ford says it's aluminum. It looks nice tho.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the blue accent interior. I have it on my 12 black screw and love it. Yes, the aluminum trim is so much better looking (and feeling) than the standard plastic trim. I would not hesitate to get it again.