Might trade a 12 for a 13, any MFT thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I read the other day that Consumer Reports recommends against MFT due to the bugs and distractions to the driver it causes. I tend to agree that it's a bit of a distraction(even tho I like it), or until you learn the voice commands. There have been a few occasions where I was driving and messing with MFT and thought to myself "this is going to get you in to an accident." So my goal is to learn the voice commands in detail.

OP
OP
Fergusf16

Fergusf16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know, that was the only option I did not get on the 12 sans the graphics. I think most people that have the blue and were on the fence seem to love it from what I have read. Thanks again....

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

@Steve, that's funny, I felt the same way with the 12 setup as after I bought it from my hometown dealer, then drove it 700 miles to my house and was getting bored and ADD was kicking in as I was mashing all the buttons. Luckily you can drive these in the ditch at 80 no problem:laughing1:

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read the other day that Consumer Reports recommends against MFT due to the bugs and distractions to the driver it causes. I tend to agree that it's a bit of a distraction(even tho I like it), or until you learn the voice commands. There have been a few occasions where I was driving and messing with MFT and thought to myself "this is going to get you in to an accident." So my goal is to learn the voice commands in detail.

I think this was my biggest annoyance, trying to learn all the voice commands... For example if your on sirius and want to switch to FM you have to say "Radio FM 1" not just "FM", but to go to sirius you can simply say "sirius" go figure... Once I learn MFT's language I think it'll be just fine...

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sync & MFT (My ******* Truck) all suck...the first thing to do is rip them out...It is made by Microsoft that should be enough for you right there...

I have spent countless days at the dealer with my truck having Sync issues, the Service Mangers hate it the Techs hate it...

Just when you but the truck, plan on spending the money to go after market...you will notice a growing demand for the aftermarket products...

\Rant