Middle perch ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rstarr

Reaction score
Hows the ride on the middle perch? Any stiffer? I really like the look but not wanting to get beat to death. Any help would be great!

vipergts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awesome

i did the middle perch and the ride is the same to me , glad i did that mod, no regrets, :peace::waytogo:

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ditto, it feels the same as before and love the ride and look of the middle. If you are thinking of doing it, i would push you and tell you to do it ASAP. Some say its where Fox ideally designed the springs to sit, but Ford due to the DOT had to sell it on the lower setting.

19-Kilo

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the middle perch and can say that it rides better in the bumps. But it is not stiffer... it is more squishy and responsive to bumps.
I would say it does not handle as well on the road with the middle perch, the increased body roll seems to make the truck drive more like a truck and less like a big car.

If you are never going off road, stay on the bottom perch... it just handles the road better.

If you are going off road and want the increased bump compliance, go for it! I am happy... but I drive my truck off road :) and dont mind the slightly softer front feel.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I would say it rides more plush. The bumps its smoother. As for handling. Its like a ferrari compared to the low setting. The nose dive vanishes and the steering wakes up.
Off road the ride is a lot smoother too. Think about it, you get another 2" of dampening for bumps that you don't stock.

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
Try the middle perch with no swaybar for a real treat.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did the middle perch. City driving is a bit more noticeable (choppy as mentioned earlier)

Love the look and glad it's done!