Middle perch ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I'm running middle perch with no sway bar and will never return my truck to stock after experiencing the improvement.

RV67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions -

1) - Alignment...is it toe-in only they are adjusting or camber/caster also ?

2) -Did your ford dealer have the specs on the alignment or did you supply the specs from here ?

3) - I want to do this also but I haul stuff and dont want the saggy ass.Is there an air bag kit available yet ?

Thanks

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
when adjusting the spring perch an alignment shop can and should adjust camber, caster, and toe. specialty products makes an alignment cam kit for these trucks and i have seen multiple trucks aligned with these and they are dead on every time. ...even on the top perch. lol

troycrna

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shop in chicago says they wont do the perch adjust anymore because shock trouble after adjustment. They are now doing leveling kits......sounds good to me.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
I don't see honestly imo how adding pre-load is going to cause trouble.

I know that the dampening is position sensitive and upping the pre-load (middle-top perch) makes the shock sit in a higher position than from factory because of the higher spring rate (blah blah etc).

I just don't see the problem, I've adjusted pre-load settings (and dampening) from anything from my yfz-450, to my koni's that were on my crx, to the king 3.0 triple bypasses on our long travel buggy...

If there's really a problem im happy to learn... and will get a set of kings asap! Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner