MFT won't text anymore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just recently my MFT won't use my phone to text through the system. I have had the same phone since I received my truck. When I try to text it now says that phone does not support text via blue tooth. I have been texting with it through MFT for four months now so I know that it is. I have a Galaxy S3. Has anyone else experienced this recently? Any help would be appreciated.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same thing happen to me but with sync. I had a Nokia 900 that would work but my Nokia 920 (windows 8 instead of the 7.5 like the 900) will only read. No voice to text like before with the 900. I just figured Sync wasn't compatible with windows 8 or maybe its a DOT safety BS deal. Oh and now when I push a hot button to call someone it puts it in privacy mode sometimes and other times not. Kinda buggie and can't figure it out.

Found this incase others are wondering:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-Lumia/Problem-With-Ford-Sync-and-Lumia-920/td-p/1616764

Last edited:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you try a "hard" reset for the phone...I know I need to do this with the iPhone on occasion...or sometimes new updates can cause problems once applied...

Maybe try deleting your phone from MFTs Bluetooth and pair the phone again...

Milez28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTF... I can text with MFT???

How do I do this and what else am I missing that this thing can do? lol

Will it work with any phone or do you need a special app on your phone?

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 900 would do voice to text and send them when I finished.

My 3GS iPhone wouldn't do any text

OP
OP
Red

Red

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did a hard reset on the phone...no joy. Unpaired/deleted and then re paired. Worked for about one minute. Same problem started after recieving a text a minute later.