MFT factory Navigation not accuratr anymore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've tried the reset, I've disconnect the black battery cable, I've removed the SD card for a few minutes. I'm at my witts end here. Is anyone else having this problem? What did you do to fix it??

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've tried the reset, I've disconnect the black battery cable, I've removed the SD card for a few minutes. I'm at my witts end here. Is anyone else having this problem? What did you do to fix it??

Still under warranty? Take it back

OP
OP
jackrook

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just updated my system today to 3.6 version two. Didn't help. Navigation is still inaccurate. I'm taking it to the dealer Wednesday.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my navigation quit working completely recently. Dealer "fixed" it. About 2 weeks ago it began only working part time. Mine freezes at a location for varying amounts of time before jumping to a new location. Sometimes it doesn't update location from home until I start it again.

OP
OP
jackrook

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alright well here is Fords definitive answer.

I just got off the phone with Ford. They denied my claim. They said my GPS is not accurate because my oversized tires have changed my RPMs so my navigation is still calculating at 35 inches instead of 37 inches. And you multiple those 2 inches by 2000 RPM you get 4000. Divide that by 12(inches) and you get 333(feet) which is about what my GPS is off

I don't know if Ford is just being dumb or if the math really makes that big of a difference. I always thought my locations was through a real time GPS signal.

Oh well. Nothing I can do now.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is a speed sensor for the gps, however it is cross checked with the gps antenna. so any discrepencies should be fixed through the gps satellites....... usually....