maxx2893 audio upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the rca's? i thought they were in the kit..... shit

Never mind, just opened the kit and they're in the. We're all good.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

One question. The amp wants a 100 amp fuse and the kit has a 60 amp fuse, is that ok?

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Oh and do I do anything with the pass thru connections on the amp? Or leave em open?

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the 100 amp fuse on the amp is to protect the amp. the 60 amp fuse is to protect the line. usually you will be fine, but if it does go, then you can replace it with an 80amp. even the bigger amps dont need much more than an 80-100amp fuse on the line.

which pass through wires are you talking about?

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

nevermind. the pass through ON THE AMP is if you were to add another amp in line with the current one. you dont need them since you are using only 1 sub amp.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taking a breakfast break. Got the hard part done, passing the positive cable thru the firewall. Ran it and the remote wire under the door sill protector.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Busa, how will the amp hold up, mounting it to the rear wall? And how would I go about that. I thought about just ******** it to board and ******** the board to the back wall, but i think it might let water in and rust. I also am worried about it backing out.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Busa, in each rca cable, there's 2 wires. Do I connect both wires in the positive cable to the single stock positive wire, and both in the negative cable to the single stock negative?

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My problem is I only have 2 wires at the factory harness. And there's 2 wires in the red RCA side and 2 in the white RCA. What do I connect where?

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes connect both rca wires to the factory single wire. the subwoofer is a mono signal so there is no left or right

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Busa, how will the amp hold up, mounting it to the rear wall? And how would I go about that. I thought about just ******** it to board and ******** the board to the back wall, but i think it might let water in and rust. I also am worried about it backing out.
mounting to the back wall is fine. also if you want to use a board, you can srcew it into the reinforcement the runs along the whole back wall. that way there are no holes in the exposed outer wall.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

im at the shop. feel free to call me with any questions during the install. but also all me for tuning. you an reach me a lot quicker too.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it working. Sounds good. Think I need to still do some more tuning of the amp.