Matte Wrap... and it begins!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped the truck off today to begin it's transformation. I'm having it wrapped with the X-Pel Stealth Film and it should be done tomorrow or Wednesday.

The guy who's doing the work is really picky and good at what he does and the best part of it is he's right across the street from me so I just had to walk home. Nice.

I helped him with the tear down with tailights, headlights, vent covers and hood vents. He'll be taking the tailgate off, removing the little marker lights, the bed rail caps, the third brake light and more than likely the door handles and fender flares later this morning after he gets it clean. Unfortunately I have to be studying at the library all day so I could only stay a little while.

Here are a couple shots that I grabbed before I bailed.. I'll get more as this moves along and post them up.

Here's a pic of it in it's "before" state -

1949-truck-before.jpg

Here are a couple shots of it as we started the tear down -

1951-tear-down-2.jpg

1950-tear-down-1.jpg

~BGM

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know it must have been said before, but what wheel/tire size combo are you running? Them things look like steamrollers! Can't wait to see the truck bro!

OP
OP
Big Green Machine

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it must have been said before, but what wheel/tire size combo are you running? Them things look like steamrollers! Can't wait to see the truck bro!

I know, I'm excited to have it done.. I can't wait.

Those are the Method Split Six wheels, 17X9 (I think, they may be 17X8.5 but I don't think so) and the tires are the Goodyear Duratracs, 315X70R17.

I love how they look, they're just a bit more offset than stock and give it a real aggressive look. I love how they came out.

~BGM

OP
OP
Big Green Machine

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the cost on a full wrap?

Right around $3,500... It's a bit expensive but it's a very thick paint protectant film and probably three times thicker than the normal vinyl wraps. It'll do a great job at keeping the paint like new and absorbing the road damage that may occur over time. If I get tired of the look a few years from now, it's a fairly simple matter to take it off.

This is by far the nicest vehicle I've ever owned so I look at it like an investment in the future. I usually keep my trucks 12-15 years so I'll definitely have this one around for a long time and want to keep it nice.

I'm planning on giving this one to my boy when he starts driving which is a scary thought considering he's two right now.. lol

~BGM