Markup hell?!?! Just me???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SterlingE55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know where a MSRP allocation is if anyone needs it PM me. Houston and you'd get to order to your spec.

LaserDoc

Reaction score
Can Ford somehow put a stop to Price gauging by the dealers?

The dealers are independent and can set their own pricing to what the market will bear. This is a problem across all brands. When the Hellcats came out in 2015, Dodge tried to persuade the dealers from the whole ADM mess and failed.

treynor

Reaction score
The dealers are independent and can set their own pricing to what the market will bear. This is a problem across all brands. When the Hellcats came out in 2015, Dodge tried to persuade the dealers from the whole ADM mess and failed.
There are only two ways this works. Either price rises until buyers drop out and demand equals supply, or you sell at a price below what people are willing to pay, and ration the item. Ferrari is an example of the latter - they sell some of their cars below the price that people are willing to pay for them, and as a result only Ferrari long-time customers can get the newest hot models...

Reaction score
I worded my last post wrong w/ 'gouging'. Regardless, The 25k mark ups are crazy though.

I spoke to a dealer in CO who has been buying up other dealer's allocations at above MSRP to mark up to $20k over. They had probably 20 or so Raptors across their two dealerships. Capitalism at work? Sure. Price gouging? Feels that way to me, even if others here disagree.