GEN 2 "Market Value" or Price Over Invoice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how many allocations can be left for 2017 if there are soooo many 2016 ones that are still unscheduled for building and 2018 model year starts when?

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It continues to blow my mind how many idiots are out there willing to pay over MSRP for a TRUCK. I've decided to wait until 2018MY ordering opens up to get mine closer to invoice. And you bet your ass I'll be reviewing threads on this forum regarding which dealers f*cked buyers at over MSRP and will be avoiding them at all costs.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It continues to blow my mind how many idiots are out there willing to pay over MSRP for a TRUCK. I've decided to wait until 2018MY ordering opens up to get mine closer to invoice. And you bet your ass I'll be reviewing threads on this forum regarding which dealers f*cked buyers at over MSRP and will be avoiding them at all costs.

Why is someone an idiot for paying over sticker?...It's their money they can do absolutely what they want with it....I have a truck on "order" for $1000 under MSRP.....woopdeedoo....means nothing....could be weeks, months, never get picked up.....To be honest I've fed into the hype and want a truck now.....for something with the right options I'll pay $5K over MSRP to have it in my driveway vs. waiting for the call from my dealer on my "order".....trucks are selling to idiots everyday for $5K over, I know, I've lost 2.....

As far as dealers f'ing customers over that is messed up but that's life....

nitronate33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've said this before and will continue to say it, the overall FORD experience has gone to shit, literally. from what i understand, ford doesn't exactly like this kind of behavior, but state laws (especially in TX) favor the dealers. every single dealer around here within 75 miles wants 5-10K over sticker minimum. the dealer i was previously "loyal" to, gave me a "loyalty discount" of 5 grand over sticker. HA, screw that!

i may not have all my facts 100%, but from what i understand, what GM did to curb these ridiculous ADM's was to give allocations a couple at a time. they don't give the next allocations until the first are SOLD. so, instead of giving big dealers a full year's worth of allocations based on overall sales, they give them based on their sales of the vehicles that they are giving them the allocations for. MUCH better system. so far i've found about 3 2016 Z06's for around 20 grand under MSRP. when you see a GT350R sitting in the showroom that they want 85K for and then a Z06 down the street for 80K, who in their right mind is dumb enough to buy the GT350?

i've shopped around with toyota and found a couple Tundra TRD Pro's for sticker, and i'm sure if i wanted to i could negotiate that down pretty easily. granted, it ain't a raptor. dang, i found a Nissan GT-R for sticker at the dealership we bought our pathfinder at! i'm telling you, it's ford. my 2011 GT500 will probably be my last ford purchase. i just don't have the time or patience for this kind of crap anymore.

go on yelp and rip the dealers, probably won't matter much since all the ford dealers around here have like a 2 star rating. pathetic, really. seriously, ford should pull some metrics from yelp and see how terrible the reviews are of their own dealers compared to the other makes.

OP
OP
E

eNomineZerum

Reaction score
Why is someone an idiot for paying over sticker?...It's their money they can do absolutely what they want with it....I have a truck on "order" for $1000 under MSRP.....woopdeedoo....means nothing....could be weeks, months, never get picked up.....To be honest I've fed into the hype and want a truck now.....for something with the right options I'll pay $5K over MSRP to have it in my driveway vs. waiting for the call from my dealer on my "order".....trucks are selling to idiots everyday for $5K over, I know, I've lost 2.....

Simple. If you are willing to give someone an extra $5-10k just because that behavior will be reinforced and the dealer will either keep doing it or see how much more they can push the envelope. Who knows, next time they may ask $15k.

Paying more to just pay more is stupid regardless of whether or not you have the money. It does affect others so the "let me do me" doesn't really fly here.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple. If you are willing to give someone an extra $5-10k just because that behavior will be reinforced and the dealer will either keep doing it or see how much more they can push the envelope. Who knows, next time they may ask $15k.

Paying more to just pay more is stupid regardless of whether or not you have the money. It does affect others so the "let me do me" doesn't really fly here.

Come on....we live in a free market....I don't fault dealers that ask over MSRP as they're in business to make money....simple....saying that people that "pay over" affect others is nonsense.....everyone knows these trucks will come down in price and everyone that wants one will get one.....the people that "want it now" and are late to the game have every right to do so....as I said, these trucks are selling right now at $5K over but not $10K....I'm supposed to say no thanks because of others? Really?

And it doesn't fly here?.....There are people on this board that paid over MSRP for their trucks, some will admit it and some won't.....

I'm being brutally honest that although I know it's stupid I'm willing to pay the price of admission to have it now....

nitronate33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come on....we live in a free market....I don't fault dealers that ask over MSRP as they're in business to make money....simple....saying that people that "pay over" affect others is nonsense.....everyone knows these trucks will come down in price and everyone that wants one will get one.....the people that "want it now" and are late to the game have every right to do so....as I said, these trucks are selling right now at $5K over but not $10K....I'm supposed to say no thanks because of others? Really?

And it doesn't fly here?.....There are people on this board that paid over MSRP for their trucks, some will admit it and some won't.....

I'm being brutally honest that although I know it's stupid I'm willing to pay the price of admission to have it now....

the problem is it affects the brand. over time, it takes its toll. slowly, what you are left with is a few people (like yourself) who are willing to "pay to play", but your kind don't support the brand. chrysler was not too happy about the fiasco with the hellcat and they went after some dealers as well as adjusted their allocation strategy.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the problem is it affects the brand. over time, it takes its toll. slowly, what you are left with is a few people (like yourself) who are willing to "pay to play", but your kind don't support the brand. chrysler was not too happy about the fiasco with the hellcat and they went after some dealers as well as adjusted their allocation strategy.

I get it then that's for Ford to handle the dealers...market adjustments have been happening for quite a long time and will continue....it's a vicious cycle....Ford needs the dealer network and vice versa....

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I guess it's more about me hating the games that dealers play and how they take advantage of people. This isn't a limited run GT3RS, it's a truck...

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it's more about me hating the games that dealers play and how they take advantage of people. This isn't a limited run GT3RS, it's a truck...

I have a GT3 and would be all over the RS but the price of admission over MSRP is not worth it IMO.....for some it is.....the market will set the price....I agree it's just a damn truck....but a cool one, and for me the few extra grand to drive it now is worth it....and that's to even say if I could find and buy one for 5K over in my geographic area, which is not as easy as you would think.....