Making a box for the Henessey intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to keep the dust out of this K&N, any ideas on how to make a box seal around the intake tube, as well as fit under the hood, have a good seal, and breathe properly?

I got a lot of dust in my throttle body from the intake so far.
7748d1334346147-hennessey-tune-91-intake-back-stock-imag0539.jpg

as well as some damage from the mount braking:
7747d1334346136-hennessey-tune-91-intake-back-stock-imag0540.jpg

But I love this intake, any tips on how to weld up and seal a box.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to keep the dust out of this K&N, any ideas on how to make a box seal around the intake tube, as well as fit under the hood, have a good seal, and breathe properly?

I got a lot of dust in my throttle body from the intake so far.
7748d1334346147-hennessey-tune-91-intake-back-stock-imag0539.jpg

as well as some damage from the mount braking:
7747d1334346136-hennessey-tune-91-intake-back-stock-imag0540.jpg

But I love this intake, any tips on how to weld up and seal a box.

If you are looking to weld plastic its the same principal as metal. You need a solder gun with tips that are flat and curved, you need the same type of plastic as you are welding, your material should have a taper cut on the ends you are welding so you can fill it then smooth it... and as with metal welding dont inhale the fumes!!!

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
The dirt/dust that entered my box was due to the side vent with the SVT logo. Sure, I shouldn't have played in the water so much - but I was surprised at what got sucked in there.
I'm looking at adding a bug screen somewhere down the pipe to minimize that from happening again.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dirt/dust that entered my box was due to the side vent with the SVT logo. Sure, I shouldn't have played in the water so much - but I was surprised at what got sucked in there.
I'm looking at adding a bug screen somewhere down the pipe to minimize that from happening again.

Hmm... There are 2 large openings where the hood mounts at the bulkhead. One on each side. A lot of air flows through there from the engine compartment. I would bet thats where the dust is coming from... Have you looked at where the intake draws its ari from? It has a few holes that can allow a lot of water in

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Hmm... There are 2 large openings where the hood mounts at the bulkhead. One on each side. A lot of air flows through there from the engine compartment. I would bet thats where the dust is coming from...

Lol you shoulda seen the 3' deep puddle I hit at 20mph...:)

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol you shoulda seen the 3' deep puddle I hit at 20mph...:)

Ha ha ha... I bet... Its easy to remove the front headlight on the drivers side. If you look in there you will see a few places you can seal up with some rubber and a few grommets... Its really helps that problem a lot... Ill search to see if I can find where a member fixed his