Make sure you do the Fuse 27 fix!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken suttle

Reaction score
Hello. I would be interested in that kit you have sitting around if you still have it. I just got my 2010 a couple months ago and it needs that kit put in.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I finally got a "round toit", so I was able to complete the job...
The instructions and the job itself was pretty straightforward. It took me a little longer than expected because I double checked every step.
My fuse and slot showed no signs of melting, so I think I have been lucky for the past 75k miles.
I also agree with the others, considering this is clearly a design flaw, Ford should do a recall.

ask me about the third plastic oil pan in my 17 raptor.....

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've heard reference to this fuse issue, but what is the actual problem/symptom? What should I search for on Amazon? I'd sure like to avoid whatever problem this causes.

Thanks!

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard reference to this fuse issue, but what is the actual problem/symptom? What should I search for on Amazon? I'd sure like to avoid whatever problem this causes.

Thanks!

Dane , fuel pump fuse #27 for some reason gets to hot and melts its terminals, there are times it melts and doesn’t blow right away making the problem worse , possibly causing one to be stranded, so the kit relocates the fuse to slot #70. Part number EL3Z-14293-A.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dane , fuel pump fuse #27 for some reason gets to hot and melts its terminals, there are times it melts and doesn’t blow right away making the problem worse , possibly causing one to be stranded, so the kit relocates the fuse to slot #70. Part number EL3Z-14293-A.
Thank you! Does this apply to a 2012? I ask because I read a comment referencing 2013/14. Looks like the kit comes with instructions?