Post Fuse 27 relocation issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

InigoMontoya

Reaction score
So, don't really post here because my 2012 Screw cab has never had an issues. Runs like a champ until about 2 months ago. I was lucky that when my fuse 27 melted the truck was in my drieveway. I looked at the fuse it was done....singed on one side like all the rest Ive seen. I tried replacing it and all I did was drain the battery. Did some research, purchased the relocation kit and installed it. Still nothing. Battery was at 10 volts. Bought new battery and it started like a charm. 3 weeks later I got a trailer break sensor warning. Didn't think much of it since I don't trailor anything with the truck. 3 weeks later Im driving down the road and the damn thing shuts down completely, rolls to the side of the Road and the hazards wouldn't even come on. Nothing when you turn the key.

I checked the fuse relocation and it seems fine. Checked the Trailer brake fuse and its fine. Haven't taken apart the fuse box to see if maybe my solder wasn't good or melted. Doing that today, but was curious if anyone had something similar?

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As I read, my first guess was something close by, near 27, might have gotten hot too and taken some damage.
Not very experienced with this (since I have have this "on my list" and haven't relocated my own yet), but I would think first thing to look at might be the fuse box and area surround 27.
Good luck with the fix !!!

OP
OP
I

InigoMontoya

Reaction score
Ok, problem solved! Trailor break sensor was do to the removal of the 10amp fuse that I mistakenly thought was the empty 10amp fuse I used to test fuse 27 when it melted. Replaced fuse no issue. As for it not cranking. You need to be careful when opening the inside fuse box. There are 2 molex type plugs to the right. One has standard clips, the other has a pull over clamp that became unclamped when I opened the fuse box. I closed the clamp over top to securely hold the plug in and the thing fired right up. Hope this helps someone else.